The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Video's

Supra-Dupra

Some video's of rich arabs with supra's and skylines racing R1's and lambo's ! Poor camera work tho !

Just thought it funny with there skirts i mean robes ;) (no offence meant)

http://www.toprpm.com/eng/videos.htm

I am glad you did not mean to offend Arabs by saying the above; nevertheless I do find it very offending to be honest with you. Let me try to say this nicely (in your none-offending way) ignorant people like yourself will just never understand why certain people dress or speak the way they do. so I am not going to waste my time on that matter, but I can tell you this, if you find the way these people dress is funny, then I am sure you DO look funny to some people out there. Oh, does the word raciest mean anything to you :no:

this is a nice forum, and let's just keep it this way, making fun of other nations because of the way they dress, speak, walk, or act is just not going to help keeping this forum clean.

Ahmed

I think hes just refering the stereo typical image, just like saying saying all us Scots all were skirts (kilts) and spend all our time hunting the elusive haggis...no offence is intended, using the term racist is uncalled for. As you said yourself some people find the dress sense of other cultures "funny".

I am glad you did not mean to offend Arabs by saying the above; nevertheless I do find it very offending to be honest with you. Let me try to say this nicely (in your none-offending way) ignorant people like yourself will just never understand why certain people dress or speak the way they do. so I am not going to waste my time on that matter, but I can tell you this, if you find the way these people dress is funny, then I am sure you DO look funny to some people out there. Oh, does the word raciest mean anything to you :no:

this is a nice forum, and let's just keep it this way, making fun of other nations because of the way they dress, speak, walk, or act is just not going to help keeping this forum clean.

Ahmed

Hmmmm, ok, firstly, as stated above, no offense was meant and none should have been taken. I question who you are though as you obviously know little about your own culture.

Is it the united arabian emirates you live in? no, of course not, because it is made up of the seven ARAB emirates (Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm al-Quwain). Having spent time in saudi, UAE, Sinai Peninsular (I returned from the sinai side of egypt only this weekend). I have heard many arabs refer to themselves as such, as I have done in the presence of others.

The term عرب is a reference to geographical location, an arabian refers to their ethnicity and spoken language (obviously arabic).

Where exactly from UAE are you and where you educated elsewhere?

I recon he maybe another wind up merchant. Like disrupta with the coke story.

If not lighten up mate, people always have and always will comment on what is different.

The yanks, welsh, scots all get it and get there proper names shortened.

This forum is a friendly place, its also generally consists of UK members who all happen to dress the same.

So to us you do dress different, which is the reason for the light hearted comment. Im sure if it were the otherway round it wouldnt be a problem.

Welcome anyway, i hope you enjoy your supra and dont drive it like the guy in the white one "having fun"

Hmmmm, ok, firstly, as stated above, no offense was meant and none should have been taken. I question who you are though as you obviously know little about your own culture.

Is it the united arabian emirates you live in? no, of course not, because it is made up of the seven ARAB emirates (Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm al-Quwain).

Ok, first of all, I am from the United Arab Emirates, and not United Arabian Emirates, so yes I see your point, but honestly you have no point. let me tell you why, the guy was referring to us as rich arabs where it should have been rich arabians, that's it really. oh and please let me answer your question with another question, who are you to tell me that I know too little about my culture!!! so yes you might have traveled to Egypt, UAE, or/and KSA, big deal, but that sure does not make you know more about my own culture than me now, does it. ok I will just leave it there.

SonicSoop, I do actually have a sense of humor, but to me, that just went beyond funny, and if you find that hard to understand, then you probably should "get a life mate" and just for your information, I do have a life, a very nice one too :yes:

RobSheffield, that's exactly what offended me. thanks for understanding, and yes you are right, I might have blown it a bit out off proportion, but trust me, you would if you were me, i mean hearing stuff like that from people that don't bother enough to educate themselves with other cultures simply pisses me off.

k300xxx, your point is well taken bro. thanks

nickyboy, I stand corrected. it's been too long since I have actually spoken/wrote English.

Pig, your point is well taken too bro. and thanks for welcoming me.

As for you Supra-Dupra, I am pretty sure if you knew there is an "arabian in da house" you would not have written your "light hearted comment" but thanks for the vids anyway, I have always heard of this website (redline) but i never took the time to see it. Dang, and I thought I had the best Supra in town, I guess not.

Chill everybody :) Ain't no-one wearnig dresses here; but I bet some people would have found it funny if it were scotsmen in the video wearing kilts, and maybe saying they were wearing "skirts" - but I doubt the scottish contingent of the club would be bitching about the misinterpretation of their cultural identitiy now, would they?

So everyone sit back and enjoy some light-hearted banter and occasional ribbing, okay? :)

molehill >>>>>>>>>>>> MOUNTAIN

SonicSoop, I do actually have a sense of humor, but to me, that just went beyond funny, and if you find that hard to understand, then you probably should "get a life mate" and just for your information, I do have a life, a very nice one too :yes:

Congrats, your the first person to make my ignore list! :clap:

XtSupra,

Any pics of your Soop?

no sorry bro, I just got her like 2 or 3 weeks ago, and she just isn't looking good enough for pics yet :)

all what I can tell you about her that she is red, lowred (actually too low for my taste), 3" turbo back exhaust system, HKS cams and cam gears, K&N intake, Greddy FCD, HKS SSBOV, Blitz 18 wheels, and sard boost and EGT gauges.

things will happen to her in the near future.

-paint job (not sure which color yet tho) along with new wing (not sure of its name, but it's the same one as Suprastar has)

- redo the seats and door panels leather (2 colors, black and whaetver color the car will be painted with)

once I am done with that, I will post some pics of her.

To clear up the arab/arabian debate once and for all:

Arab: Ar·ab ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rb)

n.

A member of a Semitic people inhabiting Arabia, whose language and Islamic religion spread widely throughout the Middle East and northern Africa from the seventh century.

A member of an Arabic-speaking people.

An Arabian horse.

Offensive Slang. A waif.

Arabian: A·ra·bi·an ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-rb-n)

adj.

Of or concerning Arabia or the Arabs; Arab.

n.

A native or inhabitant of Arabia.

An Arabian horse.

Therefore in this situation, both terms are interchangable and are BOTH correct.

I think hes just refering the stereo typical image, just like saying saying all us Scots all were skirts (kilts) and spend all our time hunting the elusive haggis...no offence is intended, using the term racist is uncalled for. As you said yourself some people find the dress sense of other cultures "funny".

you mean you don't wear your kilt and chase after haggis'?!?!?!

you're a disgrace man!! :nyah: