The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Head light size

si wants supra

No Iam afraid to say some one bumped my Supra have had it so called fixed bought a new headlight of Paul Evans he sent me the wrong one by mistake should have been a j-spec plastic one got a glass one and where the bumper and bonet meet their is a slight gap between that and the light. Anyone got any suggestions??. PLEASE HELP.

cheers

Si

PS the glass one seems more rounded than the plastic.

No Iam afraid to say some one bumped my Supra have had it so called fixed bought a new headlight of Paul Evans he sent me the wrong one by mistake should have been a j-spec plastic one got a glass one and where the bumper and bonet meet their is a slight gap between that and the light. Anyone got any suggestions??. PLEASE HELP.

cheers

Si

PS the glass one seems more rounded than the plastic.

The glass ones do have a more promenant bulge than the plastic ones but they do mount and fit the same, so there shouldn't be a gap.

I think you missed the point there Ken, its immaterial whether the lamp is plastic or glass, the point is it is highlighting a poor repair.

Can't you take the car back to where you had it "so call fixed" and point out the "Error" in there repair? Or was it not that type of deal?

For what its worth, I don't think the glass headlights are better, I can't abide that hideous bulge. Just my opinion.

Cheers guys, Paul said he'd replaice the light no probs but, I dont umderstand, the lines on the body work seem to be good, the lines of the headlight seem to be different. how I mean is the glass one seems to be more curved at the top, probably me wishful thinking and all that, gonna get it re-done next summer full job re-spray the whole car and that so some suggestions on good body repair guys around Manchester would be a great help. Also thinking of body kits anyone know of a good one which isn't to loud I've seen the do-luck type 2 kit is nice something like that any suggestions of which one where to buy and where to have fitted would be FANTASTIC.

cheers

Si