The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Vandalism?

Underworld

Hi guys just a quick question.

Ive sorta been paranoid about leaving my car (celica) in my street since the wing mirror got booted off one sat night (along with 15 other cars). If im paranoied about a celica, ill be double paranoid about having a supra :S

Do you guys get paranoid? Has your car even been randomly vandalised? Are there any things you do to stop it?

add one more to the paranoid list :|

mine is left outside in the driveway, and normally i put my other car behind it to hopefully make it less obvious. if i got it in the garage, i could never open the door.

only had the car 3 weeks or so, but alarm has gone off a couple of times, but i think thats radio frequency interference with local amateur radio guy, or heavy wind, as its set for motion detection as well. even so, soon as i hear something out front of the house, i go into paranoia mode, and am straight there.

Mine has sat in the garage since around August I think, although I did go and check it was still in there yesterday! And it was...

I must get the battery charged up and take it for a spin again. She'll be going up for sale early next year if you know of anyone that might be interested!? Purely becuase I just cant be bothered to drive it anymore! :( (had it almost 4 years).

:shrug:

Yep, paranoid with a capital P.

It probably began when I had a car restored with a bare metal repaint, only to find that the night I brought it home, some b@stard scratched a big cross all over the bonnet.

My cars are kept in a double locked garage, behind a set of locked gates, but I still worry about them.

I suppose it's just the world we live in these days :)

TBH there's far more chance of them being damaged when parked up somewhere away from home, but if I thought about that too much, I wouldn't use them at all, and then the scum have won.

Cars are meant to be used, I don't get too much fun out of looking at them, no matter how great the Supra looks ;)

I do all the normal things,

park away from entrances in supermarket car parks, so some idiot doesn't run into it with a trolley,

park in well lit areas at night,

always set the alarm,

remove road angel and satnav from the screen,

put a separate steering lock on,

but apart from that :) there's not a lot else I can do.

The insurance company will just have to pick up the pieces, unless of course I catch anyone, then the ambulance can pick up the pieces :D

yep, paranoid about the car all the time just waiting for the next set of marks to appear on it, but then its the same with my citroen and vectra, people have no respect any more so any car is fair game.

My car got an egg thrown at it during halloween and its left a serious set of marks in the paint on the drivers door which I now have to get touched in, it just never ends.

But dont let that put you off, if somebody wants to damage a car they will normally pick the first one they come across, the supra isnt like a Ferrari or porsche so isnt targetted that much..

JB

everybody gets paranoid if they own a decent motor, just make sure you don't leave things on show, piss people off or park in badly lit areas. Also a good alarm, with obvious l.e.ds/stickers is a good idea!

I get worried. Very nervous of passengers getting out of my car, some people really cant open doors!! GRRR.

Nothing i can do. i like to park clost to things so leave the best distance possible for the other drivers to get in.

95% of the time im parked off road at night so that prob why i can sleep ok

ah man. i can only afford third party only and that costs me £100 per month. i dont drive it anymore and currently its uninsured and boxed in at my parents place in Birmingham. i dont have a driveway in London and so dont bring it down in case something happens. i hate pikes who ruin it for evryone else! :soap:

I worry all the time too.

At work I park in a bay with parking only to one side. Leave pleanty of room.

Same at the shops. Park well away from the entrance but, even with almost twenty empty spaces and me in the middle, I still got some twat in an SUV park right next to me. So close in fact that his sow of a wife had to squeeze out. We'd just got back to the car and I watched them closely. Remarked to the guy that maybe his wife would have got out easy if he'd parked one bay over.

Also got hit by a firework last friday.

I hardly ever let my Supra out of my site, unless I can park outside where i am going...if not it gets left at home!

I know If i park it somewhere I cant see it..then someone will scratch, it pour a milkshake over it, smash the window to nick something and so on!

When I went to oxford the other week and parked in a parking space out side the nightclub...and the doorman (well little teenage shit with a Swindon accent) told me I couldn't park nearby..I didn't bother then coz the only alternative was to park in the multi-story...no-way..so unfortunetely the night was aborted..but better than losing my £500 excess or some of my install or whatever..:eek:

If Id parked in the Oxford multi-storey I wouldn't have been able to relax coz I know that something would happen to it there..or a very high chance!:yes:

So in the end we went somewhere else and it was a good cheap night out!

Go on your instincts..you have to think like a vandal or a criminal to avoid being the victim!:rolleyes: