The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Could my ideal Supra also be my daily driver ?

Muffleman

Hi all,

I sold my immaculate BPU+ aerotop in the summer, largely because my company relocated and my new drive to work included many bumper ripping, exhaust grounding back roads :scare: But I REALLY miss the Supe ! Thing is, I want my next one to be a monster !

But I was wondering, a black Supra with standard body, TRD wing and some tasty alloys would look pretty stunning, and I could drive the car to work without crawling round the back roads at 6mph worrying about the front valance parting company with the car !

So, how extreme could you go regarding engine mods and still drive 18k miles a year ? Could you run 'say' a 600bhp Supra everyday ?

Terry S's car could well fit the bill, but I haven't got £25k at the mo ! And I don't think I would need to be THAT highly modified ;)

Any thoughts welcome, might have to start a shopping list :badidea:

If you pay for the fuel, then you might want something that does 50mpg rather than 20 (if you're lucky)

Also would you really take the supra out on salty roads? I've had several cars die on me because of salts, once it starts it doesn't stop, despite all the pressure-washing in the world.

Parking is also a consideration for a daily drive (vandals, cretins and the like)

Losing the back end on a wet, slippery backroad is an optional extra.

I'd go for one of the new-generation turbo-diesels TBH, get one cheap from an auction and then sell it on AutoTrader for almost the same money 1-2 years later. Save a few grand on fuel and Supra wear'n'tear.

Just my opinion...

Guest Terry S
Hi all,

So, how extreme could you go regarding engine mods and still drive 18k miles a year ? Could you run 'say' a 600bhp Supra everyday ?

Yes but it must be done properly. That is the BIG difference and that is where the money is I am afraid.

No denying your car is a blinder Terry, and I'm not looking to do this on a shoe string. But if I were to buy a reasonable TT, and spend 'say' £10k on it, is a big BHP Supra a reliable everyday proposition ?

As for MPG, I get most paid by work so I'm not bothered on that one. But I was going to buy a Supra as a project car\weekend car, but now I'm wondering if I sold my everyday driver AND my current weekend car, could I have my ideal Supra as a daily driver ?!?

TBH I will probably stick to the two car scenario, but I just wondered.