The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TRD 10K Rev Counters.....

Nic

Terminators post in the Tech section that was closed, has got me thinking..

Just imagine how difficult it would be for someone to buy a genuine OEM Supra rev counter (£43 here if you know the right people ;)), then get some TRD replacement dials screen printed (cheap and easily done), then recalibrate the rev counter (again if you know about electronics easily done), then print some fake TRD packaging (cheap and easily done here). Hey presto TRD 10K rev counter brought back from the dead.

Then this is the best bit, you sell for a 600% mark up to all those desperate Supra owners who've been wanting one, but who can't get one as they have been discountinued for years.

This is all completely hypothetical of course......

Oh and whilst I have your attention does anyone want a 10K TRD tacho, as I've just found 300 shoved under my bed I'd forgotten about :trust:

If that is all there is to it then why get ripped off for a genuine item? TRD are takin the piss if they charge all that money for something that is very simple to copy.

I think the point Nic was trying to make was paying TRD prices for a "rip off" Tach, not paying what a "rip off" Tach is actually worth.

Guest KARacing

Everyone can talk (this is easy, that is simple, blah, blah, blah) but who can make the copy actually. If this is just completely hypothetical post. It should be in "OFF TOPIC" section, not "Supra Chat"

Guest KARacing
:needspic: How much???

:clap:

Dont waste the time, no one will have the fake one because no one can make it. Talking is easier than done the job (I can say I can make a replica Supra twin turbo too :rolleyes: )

A point I think that has been made now on various threads. I was merely expressing an opinion about overpriced parts is all :)

It's a bit like a fields harness. It does the job, but costs a lot of money for what it is.

I have an overpriced tacho. I believe it's genuine, I bought it from Envy so it bloody well should be (Gaz????)

Paul, you're going to have to be careful mate, you'll have the copyright police around if you're not careful!

put me down for a 10k taco.TRD or not, it counts the revs so who cares as long as it's accurate......me dont give a f***

I think that's the point though. Being a TRD item, you'd like to think that it would be more accurate than a stock item. Probably isn't at all. Probably just a stock one with a TRD face, but done at TRD rather than some shady back room.

Guest KARacing
I'd like my engine to go to 10k... without blowing itself up...

very easy. modify all internal, big turbo, fuel system and aftermarket computer, then your car will go to 10K without blowing IF tuning is correct :p