The mkiv Supra Owners Club

If you could....

Kopite

Right, just thinking (yes it did hurt) - if you could redesign the supra using more technology / computer control thats being used in the more recent cars, would you? As in, if it made the car faster to 60 somehow and quicker around the track BUT it lost some of the back end kick and driving pleasure it gives by being a bit "more raw", would you like it or just leave it as it is?

More composure over bumps. Mappable ECU wouldn't be a bad idea- getting fed up of the VAG boys spunking £600 for a huge gain.

Dash, although as functional as a fully equipped hooker, looks naff. Please take a leaf out of Aston's book please Toyota.

Larger sequential turbo's too. I like that extra punch below 3.5k thanks.

There's loads of modern things the car could have now! A really nice classy interior, some decent brakes as standard, decent traction control as standard, decent HID lights as standard with glass not stupid yellowing plastic, a decent sound system and satellite navigation. Then there's the heater matrix which you should be able to get to from underneath without taking half the car to pieces. Other than that the cars pretty good considering it age!

I would keep it at the front personaly I think it works well there, perhaps move to a honeycone chasis like the TVR's to reduce weight and change the shell to full fiberglass to make it super light

TVR's use ladderframe chassis's- pokey little tubes that rust like f*** cos TVR don't weatherproof their cars even though they are made in Blackpool.

The Supra weights a lot(?) because it's a big car- compare it to a Merc CLK320, Audi A6 or Porsche 996TT- the Porker is tiny, yet nearly weighs as much as a J-spec Supra.

There's loads of modern things the car could have now! A really nice classy interior, some decent brakes as standard, decent traction control as standard, decent HID lights as standard with glass not stupid yellowing plastic, a decent sound system and satellite navigation. Then there's the heater matrix which you should be able to get to from underneath without taking half the car to pieces. Other than that the cars pretty good considering it age!

Yes, pretty much spot on. Although I'd make the boot an inch wider so that the roof fits straight in (or just make the whole process electric)

Seeing as the rear seats are so useless a mid engined layout might be worth investigating. Besides, I bet the under-bonnet storage space would end up being more than what's currently offered by the boot!

For most part I would keep the same just make it alot lighter and change the stock wheels for something a bit nicer but also superlight.

Would be nice if Toyota offered a race version as well, a bit like the RA for the scooby guys.

Would be interesting to see what difference just reducing the weight would make to a stock cars performance.

:)

I like the over all shape - it would apear that all todays sports and GT's aspire to the shape, however I would like it shorter, perhaps a bit off the nose,

more horses as standard, better size wheels and tyres, stiffer suspension and lose the spoiler. In red please Mr Toyota delivered to.....

True the older TVR's did rust like buggers and used ladders but the newer ones dont, But look at the old SEAC that was full plastic type shell (ok it flexed and broke) and that was in 1991 0-60 in under 5 i think from memory

The SEAC's chassis is a joke- it looks like a childs step ladder for a bunkbed.

The Aramid (?) body had to be replaced within a year of manufacture for GRP.

I've got a pic somewhere of a Tuscan rusting like a nail...

Weren't SEAC's launched in 1986? Didn't have the poke Wheeler said they did anyway- 310bhp? Yeah right, my mates 4200 needed £8k's worth of engine work just to push 295bhp.