The mkiv Supra Owners Club

At long last!!

TLicense

Well after just short of 2 years I've managed to sort out the issue I had of the speedo reading 20% higher than I was actually travelling.

The cause was because I have a 6 speed box with and auto diff (better acceleration!!!) from when I did my 6 speed conversion.

The cure was to fit a yellr box speed convertor which also can be calibrated to +10%/-18%. (So OK it still reads 2% fast, not a bad thing when pretty much all cars read 10% high as stock)

Just took it out to make sure it all works fine. Seemed OK up to 160, which showed up as 157 on my GPS.

With my current gearing and by my (not very good) maths, I recon top end with a 7,200rpm limit will be somewhere around 172 or something like that. Hopefully by the end of next year when I've gone BIG single and have my built motor ready (already collecting parts) I should be able to push the RPM's up to 8,000 mark which will be around abouts 197mph. :ok:

Not the AEM can't drive a speedo :( Would have been cool if it could. :shrug:

Hmm .Im sure i read on the AEM forums that you could use one of the outputs to convert the signal ages ago ...Mind you i'm usualy on the fizzy drinks when i read the ever vanishing forum so I guess you are right .

Actualy thinking about it you can if you have a viper LOL..page 54 of the AEM user manual give you the jist on it. Think we spoke about this before? But some "hardware mods are needed" go figure ah well

Huh page 54? How to set up a fuel pump? You really have been on the pop!

Yeah I remember talking to you about it at Bovingdon which led me to trying to sort it out, only be told by the guys on the non-existent board that it's a no-go. After that I didn't look into it any further.

Sounds good! Would 200mph be possible?

I'd need 8118RPM. If the turbo's and the fuellings there...

I'd probably need to get that undertray back on, and make sure all the bolts for the inner arches etc were all done up tight.

The good thing is that having my skinny 18x8" tyres is actually a benefit to doing high speed runs!

To be honest I'm not really to interested in top end. I'm looking to build an engine that will rev really high, with peak power around 7K. As long as the torque curve isn't absolutely ridiculous, it should make for a pretty devastating punch as long as your in the right gear!

I did mine by driving at a steady 60mph according to GPS then getting my Mrs to stick the needle on in the 60mph position. It was still slightly out but was adjusted to be spot-on with the Thor DSC.

I've not changed the dials or anything Jake, it's an gearing issue. The signal from the gearbox speed sensor thinks the car is travelling faster than it really is. By using the yellr box I've managed to recalibrate it back to thte correct vehicle speed.

I tried to get a bespoke ready calibrated DSC from Thor but after I think it was about 2 months (don't quote me - but it was a ridiculously long time!) I told them not to bother.

Yeah I remember talking to you about it at Bovingdon which led me to trying to sort it out, only be told by the guys on the non-existent board that it's a no-go. After that I didn't look into it any further.

Yeah page 54 to 56 AEM section 4.3 users guide version 2 cal set up of tach and speedo with diagrams just after the pump set up.....but don't worry about it absolute useless unless you have a dodge viper or you want to get so hardware to do it. :cry:

Other ecu 1 AEM O on this one ..poo

Yeah page 54 AEM users guide version 2 . cal set up of tach and speedo with diagrams.....but don't worry about it absolute useless unless you have a dodge viper or you want to get so hardware to do it. :cry:

Other ecu 1 AEM O on this one ..poo

Think its about time we had a UK AEM forum me thinks ..who is gona start one .

Think its about time we had a UK AEM forum me thinks ..who is gona start one .

Personally I'd like to see an AEM area on this site. We could have one for E-manage, and one for the S-AFC. I would say one for Motech and Autronic as they're user playable as well but I don't think anyone does. (In fact currently in this community only CJ has one of these I believe, and I think he would rather not touch it now it's been mapped!)

What d'ya think? Has it got legs?

TBH i thinks its a craking idea. I said this ago, but fell on deaf ears. More and more are wanting to take the step and play but its seems we have a bit of distrust with the foreign BBS's and we need some home grown input ..top idea. That way everyone with different set ups can share, after all its meant to be a comunity is it not.

Sounds like a good idea guys... I've raised it with the other mods.

Perhaps better to have a Power FC forum rather than SAFC (as it's just a fuel computer)... or make an Apexi sub forum with PFC & SAFC sub forums within that, maybe ITC as well.

Cheers,

Brian.

Would it be a good idea if someone had the time to do a little write up at the top of each section on what each system does , specs ..ect ect ?

Prob easiest way to get this is download some info from each of the manu`s websites :)

I think our own AEM / Motec / Apexi / HKS forums would be a great idea. Would be nice if we could have a cal file section, screenshots, how to`s etc

This could be really good, maybe get some mappers input as well.

:thumbs:

Prob easiest way to get this is download some info from each of the manu`s websites :)

I think our own AEM / Motec / Apexi / HKS forums would be a great idea. Would be nice if we could have a cal file section, screenshots, how to`s etc

This could be really good, maybe get some mappers input as well.

:thumbs:

base maps ect ect :yes: possible sharing..OK whos gona be the first to hack the Vpro software :devil:

• 4 years later...

holy thread resurrection...!

Does anyone know if the Yellr box also acts as a delimiter, or is it just speedo conversion/calibration unit?

The reason I ask is because my speedo is converted with 'something' (it's reading in MPH, if a little high), but is limited to 112mph.

I had the Thor DSC/TSD on my other Supra which was fine, but now Thor are out of stock, so hoping the yellr box will provide a suitable alternative (inc. delimiter)??