The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newera Imports

Guest garry

Hi All,im Thinking Of Importing A Supra From Newera Imports.

Can Anyone Tell Me If They Are As Good As They Say As Its A Worry Paying £15,000 While Its Still On The Boat From Japan?

They Seem A Great Company Judging By Their Website,many Thanks Gaz

Newera indeed do have a good reputation, however I found them overpriced, not keen to do a deal and TBH - the presentation of the car when I went to see it wasnt all that impressive. (they should have atleast cleaned the car as they knew a potential punter was coming to pay close to 17K for the car - this is 18 months ago)

Too expensive....Do yourself a favour check some of the cars for sale on here...:shrug: :shrug:

Just had a look at their current stock.

Really like this example.

http://www.neweraimports.com/carDetails.jsp?carId=190

Mind you, he doesnt seem to have many Supras on offer anymore.....when I was in the market for a supra 18 months ago, he was waaay over price and not willing to negotiate..

BTW: Personally, I'd be happy to pay a slight premium for cars bought on here, why....

- You get to see the car before you pay and do all the checks yourself

- Car owned and driven by a fellow member

- There will be some UK history of the car

- Possibly been serviced and maintained by one of the excellent dealers associated with the forum.

Just had a look at their current stock.

Really like this example.

http://www.neweraimports.com/carDetails.jsp?carId=190

Mind you, he doesnt seem to have many Supras on offer anymore.....when I was in the market for a supra 18 months ago, he was waaay over price and not willing to negotiate..

BTW: Personally, I'd be happy to pay a slight premium for cars bought on here, why....

- You get to see the car before you pay and do all the checks yourself

- Car owned and driven by a fellow member

- There will be some UK history of the car

- Possibly been serviced and maintained by one of the excellent dealers associated with the forum.

Nice car but for that money I'd want a VVTI TT.

Mostly the cars on here are very realistically priced. £12.8k for DSHOX(?) car...Alex's car look good too. etc etc

Hi All,im Thinking Of Importing A Supra From Newera Imports.

Can Anyone Tell Me If They Are As Good As They Say As Its A Worry Paying £15,000 While Its Still On The Boat From Japan?

They Seem A Great Company Judging By Their Website,many Thanks Gaz

Try world wide motors in milten kenyes i have had all my cars from there zx tt/skyline and now my supra tt i trust them good guys and great, Painter and ex/ on parts and service 01908611100 just say daveboy told you let me no how you got on

I purchased my 98 VVTi 6 speed from Newera. The car had lots of extras that I wanted and 6 speed VVTi's are hard to find. The car was over priced and although the car was in very good condition it was poorly prepeared for sale in the UK. The company they used to do minor repairs and SVA test were a bunch of cowboys. I would have walked away from the car if it had not had all the bits I wanted.

this one has just come in - yup 97s need the Model Report. some traders have contacts at SVA test stations who will process the car as a 96 or older. cant believe they can comment that its been owned by a 'mature owner' - do they know the chap in Japan?

Darren - thanks for the mention. its 12.8k on autotrader and getting good attention now. the price on here is 12.2k.:Plug:

Newera use http://www.motormall.co.uk to bring all of there cars over, I bought directly from motormall and even met Miguel when I was there looking at a car. Got my car for a lot less than newera where advertising it for. Basically they where both advertising the same cars, if motormall sold it then fine, but if Newera sold it, then they both got money.

Newera use http://www.motormall.co.uk to bring all of there cars over, I bought directly from motormall and even met Miguel when I was there looking at a car. Got my car for a lot less than newera where advertising it for. Basically they where both advertising the same cars, if motormall sold it then fine, but if Newera sold it, then they both got money.

Motormall were doing SVA work for nearly every southern importer...Newerea, JIC etc. Its a small world...........

hi mate u can use me if u like http://www.jm-imports.co.uk there has been around 10+ supras i have supplied on here with the customers being happy with the car and also the price they paid.

i can supply the car at very reasonable price with u doing all the work or can supply the car at a little extra and i will get it ready for road use and register the car in uk.

by the way i do most of my work myself or use reputable tuners to carry any work i cant do myself.

before anybody says vulcher i did wait lol:p