The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big Hellos to all Supra Owners.

pump gas pete

Hello everyone,

I have finally managed to get the Brother to make me a member so I can post separately from him. Apparently he'd rather not be associated too closely with some of my views.

Anyway for those who do not know me I have owned a Supra since '01.

I had been "persuaded" away from large Yank V8s with the promise of technology equals power. mmmmm I think technology DOES equal BIG power and even bigger bills...... Still it's always handy to have a few extra BHP.

I have entered into Darrens "guess the BHP competition". The waiting is killing him. Come on Nodalmighty. (614 please as I need the tenner from Darren to pay Darren to pay Mawby!)

When my engine is ready I will run a similar competition.

In the meantime to continue the theme of ancient Chinese car proverbs

"it is better to light the tyres than bog on the line"

Pump Gas Pete:devil:

Hi Pete and welcome.

Theres a few of us on here that have come from that big V8 direction.

What sort of stuff did you used to run?

I agree that technology is probably the way to go, but you still can't beat the sound of a V8 firing up with open headers :D

It is nice with the Supra to have something that at least makes an attempt to go round corners :)

Hi ,

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes had a 72 Vette that did go round corners and stopped.

It was er "interesting" to drive. Darren drove it for about 400 yards round the block handed it back and never drove it again.

As I am older i don't mind "robust " unsophisticated cars or for that matter bikes. I had a BMW 998 for the better part of 26 years.

We used to race that as well.

I like racing.

We will be out next year at Santa Pod.

We will be very sociable.

We hope to hold a Supra Barbecue in the yard. (Private Yard) We can get at least 50 plus cars! in Islington.

I will post from work so no replies in the evening (unless Darren does)but I will in the mornings.

Pump Gas Pete