The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ahhhhh FOR F**k SAKE!!!!AHHHHH

lockys96

:swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :bang: :complain:

Well after 1 week ownership.

Managed to get a set of TEIN c-spanners, for my HA type coilover.

Started to soak them with wd40 and used wire brush to clean them up.

just went to test fit the spanners, they didnt fit very well. just in simply putting over and applying little pressure,

THE BOTTOM F**KING RING DECIDED TO SAY GOODBYE, AND BROKE OFF IN BITS, :complain: :complain: :complain: :complain: ahhhhhh.

It was seized where they havent been moved for a number of years. I could get them overhauled, but they are discontinued, as they are the old model. If they can be overhauled, and thats a big IF. it would take 4 weeks. probably costing me around 300-400.

Now i have it booked in for a new set of TEIN SUPER STREET Damper with Upper Mount, thats just over another 1k, ahhhh

specs:

* High performance and cost effective.

* 16 levels of damping force adjustment ( compression and rebound together ).

* Ride height adjustable.

* New paint coating for rust prevention. (rust prevension is what i need)

* Pillow ball mounts are optional ( on certain applications ).

* Available for overhaul. (they would say that, are they expecting them to break up)

I believe the EDFC is compatible with this?

Does anyone have any experience of these shocks?

Thanks, si

p.s im having a really bad couple of weeks

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/7663/tein48ab.jpg

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/7245/tein53au.jpg

if you want stress releif, than this is it, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/7245/tein53au.jpg

Big thanks to RISING SUN PERFORAMNCE in ropley,

i need to limp there on Monday to get my new shocks fitted, its a 30min drive, i know it might sound slightly dodgy,

Just thank god i found it sooner than later, even though my pockets are now turnt inside-out

Alloy threaded rings on steel bodies.... Nice! Height adjustable dampers are fine on race cars that see no salt and are scrupulously cleaned and oiled, on road cars they are a PITA and usually totally OTT, how many people with road cars actually constantly play with ride height and corner weights for gods sake? And you are buying some more? :)

the super street are not as bad as the ones i have on the car, i know the threads are made of monkey metal

the super street are not that adjustable.

sorry u feel strongly about that.

i havent gone for another totally stupid set. which can be raised/lowered around 150mm