The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clay Bar

Todd

Well I've heard everyone going on about how good the meguirs clay bar is but I let my younger brother at the car yesterday with a lump of the silly putty (that's what it looks like!)

Results kind of speak for themselves and I have never felt my paintwork that smooth, very impressed.

black%20and%20red009.JPG

black%20and%20red014.JPG

black%20and%20red012.JPG

I've used that clay bar also, did mine at the end of the summer, amazing isn't it, paint feels so smooth afterwards :)

not sure mine was quite to shiney as yours though, how much does your brother charge to clay and polish the whole car? lol

I paid around £12, some halfrauds branches sell it, came with "quick detailer" spray, that you spray on 1st before you clay it.

Anyway, while we are talking about polish, for dark cars I recommend that mguires step 2 crystal polish - it really helps to bring out the dark colours :)

PS: your car is looking mighty fine! :)

I picked this up in Halfrauds the other week and wasn't sure to buy or not. So like did you use it on the entire car or just on the bits that looked dirty??

Well thats up to you, I did the whole car panel by panel, took a while!

I think the point is though that you can't really see the contaminants on the paint very easily, but you can see an overall improvement when you have done a whole area.

A clay bar is only used as a tool to remove deposits and grime that washing and polishing can not remove,a clay bar is not a polishing product!:)

It should be used after washing the car then the car should be washed again, polished and then waxed to seal it.

I use this clay too and have found it to be awesome, you only need to really do it twice a year (after winter and mid summer) and that will keep it pristine all year round.

For those of you wanting super shine - use the meguiars deep gloss polish with the detail spray when you use the clay - takes a bit more work but results are even better.