The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra prices

monkey3

I'm getting really scared now.

It seems that a lot of people are now getting rid of their supras... why?

I've just bought mine and it seems that the *rse has dropped out of the supra market. why?

How much would a very low mileage (42k); j-spec; dec '96; rz-s; facelift; 6spd; TT set you back?

I just need some reassurance I guess, but I'm afraid I'm not gonna get it

:cry:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Terry S
I'm sure it'll all be ok in the spring.

Yeah the whole car market is depressed, and the flood of imports dont help, but they must be getting cheap enough now that its not worth importing them!

I'm getting really scared now.

I've just bought mine and it seems that the *rse has dropped out of the supra market.

How much would a very low mileage (42k); j-spec; dec '96; rz-s; facelift; 6spd; TT set you back?

I just need some reassurance I guess, but I'm afraid I'm not gonna get it

:cry:

Why worry about the sale price when you've only just bought the car?

With a few notable exceptions, (Bugattis and other exotica) cars are never really thought of as sound investments.

Don't worry what it's worth, just get out there, drive it and have fun :thumbs:

No change there then.

;) But a year ago it wasn't 98p a litre for Optimax. Car insurance has always been high.

One reason could be people are just don't want to pay high prices to drive a fast 10yr old car anymore. Hence the flood of 2nd hand cars - and as competition of sellers increase ... the selling price decreases.

mines only cheap cos i got a great deal on it and want my money back and i have another car on my drive anyway, so i guess i bought in haste as it was such a good deal, although now looking back i dont need the soop but if it dont sell it dont sell at what i paid im sure its worth plenty more or at least the same even in 2 years if it dont get bumped

The 6 speeds still demand a premium, and the facelifts add a bit more also, plus you have got the rare non vvti facelift 6 speed like mine.

If you want to sell for a lot of money, then spend some money for a big single conversion as they go for even more money with the right mods.

But as with anything, it's only worth what someone is willing to spend on it.

The 6 speeds still demand a premium, and the facelifts add a bit more also, plus you have got the rare non vvti facelift 6 speed like mine.

If you want to sell for a lot of money, then spend some money for a big single conversion as they go for even more money with the right mods.

But as with anything, it's only worth what someone is willing to spend on it.

not sure i agree with that one, from my experiance a stock suup will attract alot more buyers + a higher price, i know it seems stupid but when you spend ££££'s on mods the price seems to drop:shrug:

Guest Flat4_ire
Aerotops are supposedly strong value holders. Paid £14k for mine, put new tyres and brakes on it and various other service items to the tune of £2k and I can't even get £11.5 for it now less than a year and 9k miles later.

hate that, hard to say isnt it..bad time of year to sell, but if u wanted to sell bad enuf ud just bang it in for 10k no offers ;)

So how much would you expect one like mine to go for?

Not been looking at Sup's this new, a little out my price range.

I'd guess between 10 - 12k depending on condition/colour/ mods etc.

I saw a '96 facelift gun metal grey 6 spd a few weeks ago in the trader for 11k. It didn't sell so was reduced a whole grand two weeks later. That's not to say this one was in good nic etc...

I personally dont think the prices have changed much, I'm still selling cars for about the same price I was 5 years ago......

Yes - but you have patience and probably the luxury of the money spare in your business. Given enough time *someone* will come along and spend the money for the right car. From your rep you have the right cars too of course.