The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Made me laught- read this

ardasaliah

Love it:

Well here in the USA, supra are for teens. If you live in a third world country its fine. But over here in the USA, if you drive a supra, you'll look like a teen- a fast and furious crowd. We like power comand not turbo lag. That's too weak for American standards. A stock z-6 corvette is a 200 mph car, 0-60 in 3.5 sec. A stock supra TT is 5.1 sec 0-60, top speed of 150 mph. It's too weak for Americans. No offense truth hurts. Oh, if you don't know the "world street nsationals", you don't know what you're missing. You must be live in a poor country

So many experts. This guy was trying to defend the Supra :

its worth noting that the supra has twin turbo's which are specifically there to avoid lag.

The smaller turbo cuts in very early and provides boost for the lower rev ranges and once the revs rise to the point that the small turbo can no longer provide adequate boost the larger turbo spins up and can provide boost all the way to the redline.

errr, yeah. Cheers mate

Supra tt has too much turbo lag- can't compete with strong v8's and v10's (no turbo lag.) I've driven my friend's turbo v8- there's no comparison- real raw power comand!!

So the configuration of the engine determines the amount of turbo lag :rlol:

Straight 6 (twin) turbo = loads of lag

V8 turbo = no lag

I can't see why they got sidetracked, and ended up arguing between V8 and straight six engines, why they think the V8 is more powerful just because it's a V8, is way beyond me. Yes it sounds better, but they weren't discussing the sound ;)

Given a choice between an N/A and a turbo engine producing the same power, I'd take the N/A every time (then bolt a turbo on it :ecstatic: )

Seriously, you can't beat the instant power of an N/A engine, but the practicalities of running one with the same amount of power as a properly set up turbo version, aren't really viable to most people these days, with fuel at virtually £1 a litre :thumbdown

I had enough of the bragging Yanks in my last forum - I really can't be bothered even reading all of that sh!t. Most of them are only schoolkids in the first place.

When they realise that the rest of the world doesn't have long straight roads then maybe they'll take their collective heads out of their arses and start making cars that go round corners properly!

A straight six has far less harmonics than most V8s.

...but what am I saying now?! These people would think that a harmonic is a musical instrument for cowboys...

A crossplane crank V8 (like most yank V8s are) is almost as good as an inline 6. You also get a shorter, stiffer crankshaft. A flatplane crank V8 a'la Ferrari and Lotus isn't. However you need a stiffer crankcase for a crossplane V8 than you do for a flatplane.

All of which has cock all to do with turbo lag of course. :)