The mkiv Supra Owners Club

This may be the one

Supralookin

On my trotts for a car I went down to Bradford (of all places) today, and saw an absolutely immaculate 96 (P) J'Spec Silver TT (main dealer)

:ecstatic: I'm guessing it's the GZ top spec model as it had full black leather etc.

I really was impressed as I walked up to it, it was like a beautiful crystal gleaming at me. I fell in love, looked under the bonnet and was surprised to see many shiny new looking parts. It's done 59000 miles and when I asked the guy about service history etc he showed me lots of receipts for new turbos (approx £1200 each) and explained they'd actually been changed earlier this year by the former Mr Doctor owner (sold the car and moved to Africa).

I saw approx £4000 worth of receipts for parts and labour.

Ok, but why were the turbo's changed? Oh he probably blew them up coz he didn't know how to control the boost etc! Hummm okay, can anyone shine any light on this?

He was the first UK owner in 2002 when the car was first imported. Now for 12 k he's offering me 1 year's full parts and labour warranty, 1 years MOT + TAX, and the best bit: He's willing to part exchange my MX5 for a fuck!%k great price, so the car will not cost me much in cash really. Sound's like a good deal and I'm very tempted, just worried that the "stock" turbo's have been removed and there may be more to this car than they actually know. I just don't want any headaches etc as I'm going to be new to the whole turbo "thing" but I'm sure with Carl0's teaching I'll pick it all up fairly quickly. :D

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9505/media0jm.jpg

Pros:

PAINTWORK ORIGINAL, COUPLE OF SMALL SCRATCHES NOTHING MAJOR

INTERIOR IMMACULATE, SLIGHT MARKS ON AUTO HANDLE BUT OVERALL VERY CLEAN

FACTORY SKIRTS

NICE ALLOYS + BRAND NEW TYRES

FULL UK CONVERSION (SHOWS MILES NOT KM)

Cons:

NOT ALL ORIGINAL ENGINE PARTS - COULD BE COSTLY?

ACTIVE SPOILER NOT WORKING (expensive to fix)

ummm that's it really.

This is a good clean car and I'm very tempted, whatta ya reckon about the price (consider the PX)?

http://img496.imageshack.us/img496/1445/media10tx.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:rolleyes: I know the market is crap at the minute and that's why I'm probably not seeing any that are standing out to me. I want one that's very clean and been well looked after. I'm also stickin with silver, it's clean. That's a nice example the black one but I don't like the seats. See it's silly things like this I'm facing everytime I see one up for sale. With spending that amount of money I want it my way, otherwise it's the highway!

Buy it, It's not black and you know how many black Supras we have round here, me, dodgy, n00bsocks, but silver theres wez_p, garetheves, and a non member in Warton. You want to wait for a nice red one, as theres only tobyg round here in red. :p

sorry for the flippant post, but I can't comment on your technical questions.

The active spoiler probably wouldn't be that expensive to sort, otherwise 12K seems a little steep to me but might be okay when you consider the PX, warranty etc. Did you test drive it?

Anyway I thought you were going to buy dales mint specimen?

Mike

Yeah Dale's would have been nice if it wasn't for the insurance quote! I'd have to eat potatoes for 5 years! I didn't test drive no, but I will if I go back on Saturday. It's a good dealership too, no shit cars for sale. If I'd do anything to it it would be to change to clear lights and maybe buy another RSR exhaust!

What happened to that NA you bought? If you don't like the seats in that car on the link I posted then sell them to someone for a good price and swap for their normal seats, meaning you'll get a nice facelift Supra for even less than £9K.

I sold it the N/A because I was gonna keep my MX5 and couldn't afford 2 cars but now I've decided my heart is with a Supe! This silver one's a facelift isn't it? What are the major differences apart for the nose?

I've got a nice pair of stock seats that will go in the black one lurverly :rolleyes:

Silver is a good colour to keep clean compaired to black but i would keep looking TBH 12k is a tad overpriced IMHO when there are loads on the market at better value WITH the original turbos. TBH that is a little concerning why they have both been replaced at that low milage. You have to ask yourself Why have they been replaced ..the car may be solid ..but if they have both gone in that short mileage due to " owner overboosting them" even with the boost cut in place that screams someone has been ragging the bananas of it at some point and its gone back to stockish? bit worrying I must say. I would keep looking or get someone to look real close at that one and get that price down its way too high :yes:

That's not a facelift, they have different lights, dash board, seats etc. Not a great deal in it but a facelift is more desirable IMO.

That car is ok but I wouldnt pay more that £8.5K for it, whats the point when theres a lovely black facelift with cobra leather seats for £9K.

Spray it Silver and you have a deal:)

That's because he's over priced the Supra so much he can give what looks like an amazing trade in price. Its not easy finding the right car but you will. There was a supra that looked like that but with standard wheels at a local dealer in my area about a month or two ago, it was up for £6K. It was a 94 TT with 70K miles. Its amazing how much the price varies between sellers.

I agree with the others, the car is over priced for a pre-facelift TT. I presume it's an Auto as well, right?

For less than 12k you could have my '98 facelift TT and that's got the VVTi engine and the Tiptronic gearbox.

The dealer is offering what seems a good px on your Mazda because he's overpriced his car by three to four grand.

Ok but the change would go on servicing, tax and MOT and what about all the hassle!

It's MOT allready :rolleyes: Joking aside, honestly It's well overpriced and not even a facelift and reaplacement of turbos at that low milage would make me walk away for sure specialy at that price ..if it was 8kish i would think very hard or even higher milage like 90k with blown turbos i would sorta understand it.

Its not cheap even with a PX as it has still cost you 12K in a roundabout way. and he is laughing all the way to the bank.

Honestly most of the guys on here are looking out for you i think and there is a whole host of others out there. The market is dead at the moment so it really is a buyers market. I'm sure you could find your silver prince at the right money with less "suspect" going on.:yu:

12 k ffs you can have mine for £6600 spend 3k on mods and still have a super dooper car and 3k in ya pocket its got no wear on the gear knob or seats and full leather lol and the active spoiler works as does every button and light in it, and its silver lol

emma you really do ned to see this if your after 1 as the first person who does will drive it away

12 k ffs you can have mine for £6600 spend 3k on mods and still have a super dooper car and 3k in ya pocket its got no wear on the gear knob or seats and full leather lol and the active spoiler works as does every button and light in it, and its silver lol

emma you really do ned to see this if your after 1 as the first person who does will drive it away

And you forgot to mention the savings on insurance as its a UK spec car :whistle: