The mkiv Supra Owners Club

5th GEAR - MaxFlower cars

SupraStar 3000

LOL! That Evo is amusing. Simon Norris is sooooooo desperate to beat Skylines at TOTB he's had to fundamentally change the car and chop bits out to lighten it to try and get there. Bet he also doesn't drive it there and back either. Thats assuming it doesn't fail like his old one used to :rolleyes:

he's had to fundamentally change the car and chop bits out to lighten it to try and get there. Bet he also doesn't drive it there and back either. Thats assuming it doesn't fail like his old one used to :rolleyes:

Unlike perhaps Ron Kidells Skyline :rolleyes: Or indeed almost every other TOTB Skyline.

-Ian

God you guys :rolleyes: At least they are still a Skyline and not fundamentally changed from the orignal car like the Evo.

Rocket Ronnie used to drive his to events and back too ;)

Mind you, lets not mention the Supra's eh ;) Bit of work needed from you boys ;) :p

Haha you know I (and I think most of us) respect Rocket Ron exactly for that :p And why didn't he turn up this year at TOTB? Because all the skylines were stripped out buckets in suicide spec, thus fully taking the piss out of the original aim of Ten of the Best. I wouldn't want to go to Tesco's in Ron's Skyline, would you?

I'm happy with mine ta, I know I can do exactly what I did that day at the next set of traffic lights. The only way I could make it "better" at TOTB et al is to fit drag tyres, put in race fuel, map it for race fuel, maybe a bigger turbo that would impact street driveability, and probably break something expensive in the process. Oh, and strip it out...

Anyway, you know I only said that to get a rise out of ya :D Er, and you successfully got a retort from me too haha oops ;)

Out of interest, what exactly is fundamentally changed on the Norris Evo btw? It still looks like one and has the same base engine and chassis and 4wd system...

-Ian

Haha you know I (and I think most of us) respect Rocket Ron exactly for that :p And why didn't he turn up this year at TOTB? Because all the skylines were stripped out buckets in suicide spec, thus fully taking the piss out of the original aim of Ten of the Best. I wouldn't want to go to Tesco's in Ron's Skyline, would you?

I'm happy with mine ta, I know I can do exactly what I did that day at the next set of traffic lights. The only way I could make it "better" at TOTB et al is to fit drag tyres, put in race fuel, map it for race fuel, maybe a bigger turbo that would impact street driveability, and probably break something expensive in the process. Oh, and strip it out...

Anyway, you know I only said that to get a rise out of ya Er, and you successfully got a retort from me too haha oops ;)

Out of interest, what exactly is fundamentally changed on the Norris Evo btw? It still looks like one and has the same base engine and chassis and 4wd system...

-Ian

Well done on the retort back :p ;) :D Took longer than I expected though :( ;)

Agreed, IMHO TOTB should not be about the fastest car completely stripped and 300k thrown at the engine, but the fastest car still in street spec. Which is why the figures Tim got in his R34 Nur are impressive. In street spec, with tools/stereo still in etc and he's in the 9's - now that is good work :)

Its all good banter, I'm happy too, I like my 200SX, its pokey enough to be fun but its not the fastest thing out there and I don't care!! :cool: Mind you, my bike is pretty darn fast and that will do it all day everyday like your supra so thats cool too :)

The thing about the evo is that its is not even the standard chassis/shell anymore, both have been shortened, unlike the other cars which are all still completely stock as far as shell etc goes, just stripped like nutters!

Don't get me wrong, I think what he's achieved in doing that is excellent and a lot of hard work - but like you I don't believe its in the proper spirit of things.........

APologies for the slow response, I am sans internet at home for a while, between providers :cry:

Coincidentally I actually read something about said Evo in J-Tuner this morning while eating me Frosties. It's a cut and shut :rlol: Ok, no-one in the Skyline world has done that yet, you win that one!

Didn't Tim's blow up at TOTB? One of them at least :rolleyes: Speaking of which I read about the "stroker thrash" that J-Tuner did, three scoobies and two evo's with stroked engines, two of them survived the day intact :eek: Yep, great advert for that setup :woot:

I think I'll leave the big-big-power stuff to the tuners...

-Ian

APologies for the slow response, I am sans internet at home for a while, between providers :cry:

Coincidentally I actually read something about said Evo in J-Tuner this morning while eating me Frosties. It's a cut and shut :rlol: Ok, no-one in the Skyline world has done that yet, you win that one!

Didn't Tim's blow up at TOTB? One of them at least :rolleyes: Speaking of which I read about the "stroker thrash" that J-Tuner did, three scoobies and two evo's with stroked engines, two of them survived the day intact :eek: Yep, great advert for that setup :woot:

I think I'll leave the big-big-power stuff to the tuners...

-Ian

LOL!! Woohooo!! I've never won anything before! :ecstatic:

I don't think so, didn't really follow it too closely TBH. But yeah, the scooby boys were on the GTR site before TOTB giving it all this Skylines are gonna lose etc. They sure had to eat humble pie. Don't think they've got a reliable setup delivering quick time - chocolate pistons after all!

Defo the way forward - who wants to spend 100k on a 10-20k cars mods anyway - insane. Especially when the original car can be a shitroen ;) :eek:

i have more respect for people like ian c and eyefi doing all the work on there own cars. just depends how far you want to go.cars cant really be called street trim running sticky rubber and race fuels.cant take away from the dedication from tuning/importers cars. they put lots of money and time into there cars to promote ther business.if there car does well it will reflect on there business. its good to see what an all out racer can do. but no way can a man on the street compete with tuners with big budgets.

well done to skylines but they do seem up there own asses.seem to come across as arrogant. look at keith c he has bucket loads of sponsors and the fans love to buy the t shirts (how funny is that)

maybe we should all wear HOME MADE with no sponsors t shirts and sell for £2.99 each

think to me its about taking part and doing best you can on what you have