The mkiv Supra Owners Club

engine managment light on dash- help please!!!

Voo51

hi all

this is wierd....

when i go up a hill only doin about £2-3000 revs my engine managment light comes on, then when i slow to a stop or about 4 miles an hour it goes off again until the next hill.

any ideas??

its running beautifully but this light is a bit worrying as it has not done it before.:help:

well, thers more thats happened and its not good....

the light only comes on when i go up a hill, it then will either stay on for the rest of the journey or go out after a bit. it came on yesturday after about 5 minutes i was going down a hill, stuck in traffic when a lady waved me over and told me to wind my window down, i did, she said' theres loads smoke coming out your car looks like its going to set on fire' i looked in wing mirror and there was!!! my heaters smelt burny so i set off on a mission to toyota. as soon as i got on the straight it stopped. no burning smell nothing. then when i got to toyota i got 3 mechanics out to look at it. they cudnt figire it out so one of them came for a drive with me. as usual when you need to show someone something nothing happens!!! no light no smoke!!! he did however point out to me that the rear seats were too small to have sex on!

since then the light has rarely come on and no smoke what so ever! my water and oil are fine. its wierd!

oh, and my speedo is in km/h and is still restricted. But the light ony started coming on on my dash after i had my power cable for sub and amp installed, i took it back to the place-who are very good and they canot see anything they have done wrong.

toyota have told me to keep and eye on it.

stress!!!!

If you are in the Midalnds you won't be far from me, i could take a look at it for you next week? Sounds like an oil leak if there's smoke, check engine oil level daily, on the dipstick, on level ground, and if it's an automatic check auto box oil daily, correctly, it's not like checking th engine oil level AT ALL!!!!!!

i check the oil daily but no change, it is a manual. the light still keeps coming on when i go up a gradual hill and it seems with the smoke, it gives a little puff everytime i first set off, its fine then for the rest of the journey. but if i turn my engine off for a bit even just a few minutes then turn it including the 2 inutes cool down and warm up it still gives a little puff of smoke, even tho it is hot engine, i think im just rambling now!!!!

but i would be happy to come see you please.