The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Elephants online quotation system

Guest zish

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this. I've been trying to get some quotes on a RZ supra and thought i'd give elephant a try as they've always been competetive for me in the past. When inputing the car details, there's a paragraph at the bottom saying "If you are insuring an imported car that was originally manufactured for outside the EEC, e.g. an Asian or American import, we are unable to offer you an online quote".

However, when you click on the drop down menu you can select Turbo Auto (IMP) and the description of this is 2997cc 3 DOOR 1993--. They have an option for Twinturbo (IMP), but this says 2997cc 1990--.

I would try asking elephant themselves, but I dont think they know their ass from their mouth.

Thanks

Ok, basically Elephant say that to cover their backs in case anyone gets a quote on a particular car they don't have on their records (eg Mitsubishi GTO - dont know why but they dont cover it). In actual fact if you call them, the quote will almost certainly be identical to the online quotation. So the quote you have got is probably right, just call them to confirm. I had the same issue too.

Try the club insurer mate. They have been good to most people on here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=34032

Thanks for that smarty. I gave them a buzz today and spoke to someone called michelle. To be honest she didn't seem to know much about the car. She said she'd call me back with a price, but she hasn't called 5 hrs later...... :no:

There’s more to consider than just picking the cheapest quote you get.

Elephant are absolute numpties, they have no clue about cars (And you can forget it if you have more than 6 modification, regardless of what they say).

I'll be renewing with Sky next month, regardless of what any other companies quote.

I used Admiral but its the same company, had to love it as the Jspec import showed as a 1993- 3.0l turbo and not twin which suited me fine as I've a GT61 !!! :D

I've heard that Admiral, Elephant and Diamond all are a bit fussy about paying out, that said though my quote was about £1200 cheaper than anywhere else. So as long as they pay out eventually i'd be happy.