The mkiv Supra Owners Club

clear indicater lenses for 95supra??

Voo51

hi

does anyone have a 92-96 supra with a standard front bumper with clear indicater lenses in instead of the orange ones???

if so where did you get them from? beacuse i have been searching everywhere and i can only find them for 97-98 supras. but they are too big.

thankyou:D

The facelift (97+) Supra clear indicators/sidelights WILL fit on the early model Supra. You'll need to drill holes in the bumper to mount them and will need to splice the wiring into the harness that goes to the side lights, in the pre-facelift headlights.

I've supplied these to dozen of members, as I can get most genuine Toyota parts a lot cheaper out here in HK, see prices/details [thread=43720]HERE[/thread].

When you compare the clear lenses to the original "orange blobs" they do seem to be too large, but this is because they sit at the front of the bumper and are not recessed in it like the orange ones.... the clear lenses also fit flush all the way across the gap and not just in the corner of it.

But as Nic says, the clear lenses have an additional bolt sticking out of the side of them, pointing inwards across the bumper.

Definately a mod worth doing, IMO they look miles nicer :thumbs: I got mine from Nic during a group buy.

thankyou, i was just worried about cutting into the bumper.

You don't need to cut the bumper just drill so the mounting bolts will fit, there is a How To guide HERE. Note though this is fitting the cheaper non-genuine indicators, so some of the wiring instructions will be different if fitting the genuine ones.

i just cut the extra offending stud off, also my indicators have absolutly no orange in them at all, this is not the case with all the face lift indicators out there, normally they have a small orange lens within the indicator.

so shop carefully

The genuine facelift indicators do have the orange reflector inside, the non-genuine ones are chrome inside. The quaility of the genuine ones is better however (plastic used and the quality of the moulding), they also include harness on one side.

I got the original facelift Indicatorsfrom toyota but just put them in the oven so i could split them and remove the orange bit, the other way of removing the orange part is to get a pair of pliers and crush the orange plastic, the bits can then be reoved from the bulb hole.

You will need to get some silver bulbs that flash orange afterwards.