The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nose weight

Alex

Now I know this is sad but does any one know how much the nose cone/bumper weighs inc the active spoiler? I'm curious as the JUN website lists the actual weight of their aftermarket job which I must say is very nice. :)

Or does anyone know the weight of other after market noses. The Jun one is 4.9kg and is made from FRP.

i've no idea what the original nose-cone weighs, but it's going to be a lot more than 4.9kg purely due to the active spolier and the motors incorporated to power that.

In my view there's too many electric motors in the mkiv (well, a mkiv fully-loaded like a UK-spec).   adds a lot to the weight.

for eg, UK-spec has :

electric wing mirrors

electric active spoiler

electric drivers seat & seat back

electric windows

etc.etc.       personally I'd have been happy for Toyota to offer all those as options on the UK-spec.  If you ditch all those motors you'd get a useful weight saving.