The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone read EVO magazine?

Tom

Yes it did used to be in the knowledge only gave it 3 stars though:thumbdown

They quoted it as "Japan's 928".

The Supra was infact featured in an old article about drift cars along with MX5, BMW M5, and Capri 2.8i. It was a black one from JIC which I actually test drove a few years back.

4.9s iirc.

Supra and most other 90's turbo nutters were dropped from the knowlege over the last two years.

One that pissed me right off was the MR2T- weight was wrong (by nearly 100kgs) 0-60 and the - point was "standard car fast enough thankyou- and gave it two stars. To the best of my knowledge, they have never driven one.

Unless it's the new Mitusbishi EVO XIV Zero Fighter Type RA Wankmobile, they just ain't interested in Jap cars. I wrote to them costantly for a used buy group test between a Chimaera, Esprit, M3Evo and Supra- they did buying guides for the Griff, Esprit and M3, but not the Supra- funny that.

I've got some old Evo mags on my desk.

June 02 has the Supra listed with a 0-60 time of 6.2

May 03 has the Supra listed with a 0-60 time of 5.1

May 04 doesn't have the Supra listed.

Comment is Japan's 928 - Didn't realise I was going that fast officer. Got 3 stars.

In a buyers guide section they did an article about getting a "cheap" rear wheel drive car which featured a 300zx, mk3 supra and a I think a 2nd gen rx-7. Can remember the issue, but I have it at home somewhere.

They gave it a 0-60 of 5.9 seconds, Tannhauser off here wrote in and it was reduced to 5.2 or 1.
Yep, I also wrote to them to ask them why they saw fit to take the Supra out of 'The Knowledge' when there were about nine Impreza variants included. No reply from the f**kers, probably all too busy masturbating over the latest Ferrari/Zonda/Lambo to reply.

• 1 year later...