The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie Here

Guest Flat4_ire

Guest Flat4_ire

hey guys, just joined the site tonight.. im 22 and living in southern ireland, i currently have an impreza sti type r which i am selling at the moment, love the car to bits but just fancy a change..ive always loved the supras and im strongly thinking about getting a nice 6spd twin turbo, any opinions and advice are appreciated!!

tony

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Flat4_ire
welcome mate, hope you get the car you want, which part of southern ireland are you from? anywhere near carlow?

yeah im from carlow town man how did u know??

Guest Flat4_ire
lol step dad is from tullow

ah ok, well im in the town itself..dont deal with those tullow scum! ;)

well my sti type r is in the trader 2mw so im waiting for all the muppets to ring me asking how fast it goes and does it have a dumpvalve..0-60mph it would want to be one hell of a supra to keep with me, but i know thats not what they for really(unless your talking biiiig power), just love the look of them and cockpit is wat i really like, sound awesome with full exhaust system and a few bits!

Guest Flat4_ire
hahaha, might bring the supra over, maybe we should have a meet in shaws car park.

haha ah shaws car park, the one and only, full of muppets revvin the bolooox outta there starlet turbos now though, im the only one in the town with a type r sti, theres more supras but no tt ones! ;) think im def gonna have to get one!

that would be the very car park im talking about. cant really remember any decent roads to take a supra on except the carlow-ballon (spelling?) road, id have to stay in the royal hotel i think no need to go on those silly little roads to tullow, wont be staying in the bridge house either now it has new owners

Guest Flat4_ire
that would be the very car park im talking about. cant really remember any decent roads to take a supra on except the carlow-ballon (spelling?) road, id have to stay in the royal hotel i think no need to go on those silly little roads to tullow

ah man the roads are horrendous, not exactly 300+bhp rwd roads! ;)

still im prob going to get one, if i sell the scoob quickly im gonna get a coupe bmw for the winter and then keep my out for a peachy tt supra come feb/march

it would want to be one hell of a supra to keep with me!

Mate a standard supra would beat a standard Sti, maybe not from the off, but would soon real it in

A tuned supra would waste a tuned Sti

Is that not why your upgraded to a supra, I would say a move from a subaru to a supra would be an upgrade not a downgrade ;)

Guest Flat4_ire
Mate a standard supra would beat a standard Sti, maybe not from the off, but would soon real it in

Is that not why your upgraded to a supra, I would say a move from a subaru to a supra would be an upgrade not a downgrade ;)

nah man standing quarter mile for a tt supra is a slower than a standard sti classic,0-60 in 4.5secs compared to tt supras 5.5sec but after then id say the supra is just wicked..rallure send me a private message and il give u my number/email and we can arrange a meeting, what kinda spec is ur supra anyway?

supra and my current car right now are two completely different cars so cant really compare,the sti type r is just built for pure acceleration, supras aint really, not standard anyway but i dont do standard so that will change soon :)

Guest Flat4_ire

and just to say..not getting into scoob VS supra BUT the guy who put my apexi ecu in my sti is Andy Forrest from the UK and he has an sti type r that does qtr mile in 9.81 seconds and a top speed of 210mph, so maybe u might want to have a chat with him! ;)

nah man standing quarter mile for a tt supra is a slower than a standard sti classic,0-60 in 4.5secs compared to tt supras 5.5sec but after then id say the supra is just wicked

Also not wanting to start an argument, but can I just say you can't use stats like that - the RWD will have less grip obviously so off the line you could lose a second. That loss will stay with you until you eventually catch up at higher speeds - that doesn't mean a rolling start from 20mph wouldn't see the Supra lose the scoob all the way to 180.

Anyway, you seem knowledgable enough, especially compared to a lot of the people that come on here!! I'm sure you're aware of each cars plus points and negatives, I fancy something nippy, nimble and quick off the line when the Supe finally goes - I'll miss the motorway pull though!