The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Losing hope... any suggestions?

Guest Shaide

Hi, first post... I've been looking around for an MKIV Turbo Supra (preferably Targa top but honestly at this point I'll take whatever I can get my hands on) for a really long time now.

I live in Long Island of New York, it seems to me that many of you guys/gals are located in Europe. Am I on the right site or is there a USA based MK4 site?

I have some basic questions based on your experience with owning the cars, here goes.

I was looking for a stock or very close to stock car w/ under 50,000 miles on it. I'm just afraid of what other people may have done when tuning their cars before selling it. i.e. someone selling a 98 converted to a Garett T61 single turbo, or another guy selling his "500whp SHOW CAR!!!!"...

Are there any good questions I can ask owners that may help reinforce the quality of the cars they're selling being as "mint" as they say they are? Normally I'd just look at the car myself but there aren't any locally for sale so I'd have to purchase it and have it truck'ed over.

I'm feeling very out of luck lately, any advice y'all can throw my way to help me get my hands on the car I've always wanted without buying someone else's headache or spending excessive amounts of money would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks for your time.

-Shaide

A lot of people over here are really big assholes (Hey I won't lie, myself included)... you need a login to view those forums and the site admin has disabled registration. I can't view supraforums.com :( Anyone have a login they'd let me use to read up a bit?

nm I lied, registration has opened back up, woot ;)

Btw looking through this site y'all have some reeeeeally nice MK4's. I can't look at ALL of them cuz I'm at work and only have one pair of pants. Wouldn't wanna embarass myself...

Grew up in Deer Park between Grand and Lake... RIGHT off Deer Park Ave (hence the addiction to cars and tuning... lots of people hang out there on weekend nights). Unfortunately DPA has degraded into rice rockets and tools, so I don't go out unless my friends head out there.

I currently drive an 03 Hyundai Tiburon GT. It's not a FAST car but it respond very well to Bolt ons, so it was a good car to learn about tuning on. Currently running Intake, Headers, Exhaust, Hotwires & Iridium Spark Plugs, Zone 5 Fuel Tuner, and a Stage 3 Ported Intake Manifold w/ a Phenolic Spacer.

Again, still not FAST, but it sounds great. Car screams when I step on the gas.

I want my Supraaaaaa

• 2 weeks later...

I think I read somewhere that the sites been down for a while which is probably why. Very few people from here post there, seems to be populated by kids looking for an argument all the time.

There's loads of general info on this site on what to look for when looking to buy a Supra. For specific tech info post in the Tech section, there's some very knowledgable people on this board and someone will be able to help you.

Good luck. :)