The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Performance mods for N/A

SuperSupra

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a NA whilst they are not as powerful as a TT you still dont get the lag and there are less things to go wrong. Fit decats, aftermarket exhaust and a good induction kit is about all you can do for performance, but you can fit uprated suspension, check wheel geometry replace suspension bushes to make the ride better. If your really after power I would personally sell the NA and buy a TT - less hassle in the long run. But I am happy with my NA, its still a high performance sports car.

With a NA whilst they are not as powerful as a TT you still dont get the lag and there are less things to go wrong. Fit decats, aftermarket exhaust and a good induction kit is about all you can do for performance, but you can fit uprated suspension, check wheel geometry replace suspension bushes to make the ride better. If your really after power I would personally sell the NA and buy a TT - less hassle in the long run. But I am happy with my NA, its still a high performance sports car.

Here, here. Outright speed in a straight line isn't everything.

:looney:

Hey, I'm happy with it don't get me wrong, hell I love it! I've fitted a nice HKS exhaust, and induction kit, and getting my de-cat done very soon. It's mainly performance I'm after as I think the handling is superb anyway. Not really in a financial position to get a TT at the mo tbh! :blush:

Not really in a financial position to get a TT at the mo tbh! :blush:

Have you gone into PRICES of going N/A-T !?!?!

I only scouted round a bit, but seems like ~£3-4,000 for the kit/bits and

probably another ~£500 to fit it (??)

Well, no matter WHAT condition your N/A it MUST be worth ~4,000 (plus?)

and you can fairly easily get a TT for ~£8,500...........................

(NO, not a fab one, but not a minga either ! !)

The only minus to buy/sell is if you've already spruced yer N/A up with

Nicey-Bling-Bling-Bitsies ??:p

Anybody know how you stand with insurance on a N/A-T as it's a totally

none standard engine/car ????

FatS.

I still might have a bash at Nitrous (long way off just yet) just because

it's cheap(er!) and effectively I can have a nice 'tame' N/A in the WET and

just a tad more for special occasions (:eyebrows: )

Only things i'm wary of with the Laughing Gas is getting it set up so it doesn't

melt the pistons immediately, and, longevity overall of the engine ?????

Anybody/how many running Nitrous ?!?!?!?

Haven't gone into prices no, but having only recently acquired my Supe (2 months ago) money's kinda tight right now. I'd be looking at spending under a grand on performance mods over the next few months. Insurance company would prob politeley ask you to pull down your trowsers and bend over....

I used to run nos in my n/a(50 bhp)...fun for a while,i have just fitted the boostlogic stage 2 turbo kit on it.New u/r pulleys,dual 12" fans,precision turbo i/c(rated max 750 bhp),new injectors w/piggy tails,new fluidyne rad,map ecu,fluidyne oilcooler w/7.5" spal fan,new fuel pump,b/l down and mid pipe,hks b/controller,greddy t/timer,gauges etc etc,kit is rated at 450rwhp and i'll get the N'ter cooler nos kit to finish it off......let u know how it works out(have pics of the entire job from start to finish)

As soon as somebody sells (including fitting, ECU and tuning) a NA-T kit for under 5k I'll be at the front of the queue.

I doubt anybody will fit for £500.

More like £1500 for all the additional stuff (as far as I know)

Like Steve says "The only minus to buy/sell is if you've already spruced yer N/A up"

thats my problem.

NO WAY am I selling my NA just to start from scratch on a TT

I'd rather settle for less power

As soon as somebody sells (including fitting, ECU and tuning) a NA-T kit for under 5k I'll be at the front of the queue.

http://www.boostlogic.com/parts/supraNA/info_supraNA_TurboKitStage2.htm

Boost Logic NA-Turbo Kit Stage II $5249 = 2,957.12 GBP

add fitting + safc or whatever.........should be under 5K

AND

end up with a heck of a lot more power than the TT`s 320bhp

Want to order now??:eyebrows:

http://www.boostlogic.com/parts/supraNA/info_supraNA_TurboKitStage2.htm

Boost Logic NA-Turbo Kit Stage II $5249 = 2,957.12 GBP

add fitting + safc or whatever.........should be under 5K

AND

end up with a heck of a lot more power than the TT`s 320bhp

Want to order now??:eyebrows:

You are forgetting that BL will not supply anyone in the UK other than through Vortex.

You are forgetting that BL will not supply anyone in the UK other than through Vortex.

doesn`t present a problem, don`t buy direct from BL, just go through any of the stateside tuning companies ..... same price

also some even cheaper options on NA/T kits...

DaveH, Turbonetics, Sound Performance, PowerHouse Racing,

doesn`t present a problem, don`t buy direct from BL, just go through any of the stateside tuning companies ..... same price

also some even cheaper options on NA/T kits...

DaveH, Turbonetics, Sound Performance, PowerHouse Racing,

True but you also have to factor in shipping, vat and import duty on the price you quote.