The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which Boost gauge to buy?

Pig

Guest Terry S

Exhaust gas temperature

yeah thats ( EGT) preferable but not sure you will fancy having the probe fitted John.

These gauges do two things at once. The stock water temp gauge is naff so makes sense.

They are easy to fit, and peak hold which is an another important feature.

Guest Terry S
Not into cheap stuff are you! lol. Is that easy enough to mount? and is that the same one you have in your car?

Yes I have 2 x SPA gauges but not the Boost gauge, thats done on the boost controller.

AHHHHH which one to buy!!!! I need to get one cause otherwise im gunna blow the lot. I am running a crumbling stock intercooler at the moment and still cant decide which FMIC to buy. which one gauge will be best of warning me that im gunna do damage related to the IC not doing much?

Thanks for your help guys

Guest Terry S
Oh and this prob. where does that go? Apart from in the exhaust lol

Depends how brave you are, either immediately after the turbo/s or in a runner.

Great could i take there number please? Will they be good to fit my fuel cut defenser?

How much would they charge roughly for the EGT probe fitting

They are a fabrication shop only...ie I'd only go there for a bit of welding etc...

I'll find the details and PM you...but buy the kit first then book - he's a busy man.

on how brave i am? You guys like to worry me dont you. Oh terry regards my exhaust im getting a bit of blow (according to toyota) from the join (decat to cat back) do i need to get it sorted asap or just next time im down pheonix way? Thinking of going to see mark cause running rich...not totally sure what to do about it. Bloody tunning cars. should have stayed stock lol

Guest Terry S
on how brave i am? You guys like to worry me dont you. Oh terry regards my exhaust im getting a bit of blow (according to toyota) from the join (decat to cat back) do i need to get it sorted asap or just next time im down pheonix way? Thinking of going to see mark cause running rich...not totally sure what to do about it. Bloody tunig cars. should have stayed stock lol

OK the V band may need tightening a bit, nothing to worry about if it is. There isnt much he can do about running rich, they all do it from stock. He could fit a SAFC2 but its where to stop mate.

Wouldnt say i drive looking for economy. Since resetting ECU after decat fuel consumption get way worse. havent done a full tank yet. if its gets really bad can i contact you to see about that airflow meter. Do i need to consider replacing the O2 sensor? Thanks for your help with the boost gauge, should i consider mark for fitting of the EGT probe? As was going to see him any way. p.s any luck getting hold of matt. Bought the FCD but wanted him to fit it