The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra headlights at night are crap

ardasaliah

Why are they so crap?- Driving along the motor way at night is a problem as they don’t light up the road sufficiently.

Recently fitted new bulbs- Xzon(sp) blue types 100w etc- but still not as good as my 1.0 polo w reg.

Can anyone recommend a set of bulbs that do a good job in lighting up the road ahead as its very annoying having to use the beams on and off.

I got some replacement bulbs form our parent company, Ring Lighting. Xenon plus. Claimed to be 30% brighter.

Made a huge difference and best of all they plugged straight in. Took longer to walk to the car and back than to fit them.

I also leave the sides on though. Just like to make people aware that I'm there.

When i had my J-spec lights i used to keep the front fogs on when main beam was on. Not strictly allowed but never got stopped once with them on. Continued to do it now ive got Uks as well, out of habit more than anything.

Makes a big difference.

Yup. I'm doing the same as well, when I get my HIDs I think I'll stop ;)

Is re-wiring the lights an option. Know its a trick used in FD's quite a bit as the quality of our stock lights are shocking too, nice thick gauge wire from battery through a relay to get the voltage up a bit.

Meant to have a noticable effect on ours...not sure of the case with supes, could be worth looking into though as wouldnt cost much at all.

If you want the best night time visibility, then go for a good quality HID. I've just supplied quite a few members so I'm sure there will be feedback on here in next couple of days once fitted.

If you go [thread=30910]HERE[/thread] you will also see a write up/photos that Phil did when he fitted the kit I sourced him.

PM me if you want delivered prices :ok: