The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pictures Needed + A Question or 2 Answered

terribleturner

Well today i found out that my bloody alloys wont fit over my new UK brake set up :( So a couple of questions and then a request.

Question #1 - What is the largest spacer size that can be used on the sup without being silly??

Question #2 - What is the ideal wheel sizes for 18's??

And finally, any chance of people posting a good side view of their car and alloys so as i can get a feel for different styles. Ideally i was gonna look at something 5 spoke and deep rimmed but my finaces are gonna be fairly stretched so may not have much of an option.

Question #1 - What is the largest spacer size that can be used on the sup without being silly??

First check my thread on spacers here mate...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=48556&highlight=spacers+fwd

Size of spacers depends on your wheel offset but obviously you don't want to rub on the inside lip of the wheel arch when going over bumps.

And finally, any chance of people posting a good side view of their car and alloys so as i can get a feel for different styles. Ideally i was gonna look at something 5 spoke and deep rimmed but my finaces are gonna be fairly stretched so may not have much of an option.

Check my garage for Blitz Z2 Technospeeds - 5 spoke deep rimmed.

Fooling with brakes and wheels more interesting than WiFi setup, eh James? :stickpoke Happy to sort it whenever mate ;)

Sorry you lucked out with the brakes - I remember us talking about that little gambit. Must check my wheels on someone's UK setup at some point - bet they don't fit either

when i put my front uk brakes on a few weeks back...the wheels i have left me with a gap of .5 mm between caliper and spoke...just not quite enuff to put a credit card into....so i put 3mm spacers on- these are shallow when attached between wheel and brake disc...these have caused a shudder in the steering at speed...so I have purchased 5mm spacers and are the same size as the wheel hub - so hoping for an improvement!!!- shudder free would be nice....cant afford new wheels right now!!!:D

Don't Cornelius, Bad weekend for me. Found out my aunt is terminaly ill which took up my attention all of Saturday. I've got such a back log of things too do :cry:

:omg: Thanks for making me feel like a berk - had no idea :giveup: Sorry to hear that dude. You know where I am if you need anything, WiFi or otherwise. Chin up! :thumbs: