The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Own up.. who just won these......

terawua

Guest gzaerojon

true, but end of the day you only bid the max you want to pay, also sniper emails you to let you know your bid is too low. i think its only 5p a win or something like that, i stuck £10 on mine via paypal and it still got loads of credit left. it is a bit cheeky but i've lost on ebay so many times by bids @ seconds before end, if you cant beat em join em i say!!:p

If you bid up to the maximum you want to pay then you will always be the high bidder, it wont go straight up to your high bid.

so if you bid £100 on an item it will only go to the starting bid, then if someone comes along and bids £50 it will go to £50 with you as the high bidder.

At the end of the day you aren't going to pay more for an item just because its the last few seconds of an auction unless you really want it, and in that case you should have bid more for it in the first place. ;)

The way I play ebay is to leave it till the final seconds and bid my max bid. Its all very well putting in max bid earlier but some people will bid in in last 3 mins just to go slightly over your max bid. I tend to win most of the time in last 15 secs :devil:

Its daft to bid 2 early as the price just gets forced upwards. You have more chance of getting stuff cheaper if you leave it until the last minute. It annoys me at times when newbies bid the price of stuff up so much that at times the idiots push stuff up over the price the item can be found new. Electrical items are a class example of this.

Last minute bidding only works if you have internet connection that is fast enough to allow that.

Plus if you really want it that much, you put in a top bid, and if it goes over that, then you probably weren't willing to pay that much for it.

I've never lost an EBAY item I wanted and I don't last minute bid. :)

Bargain price for those seats. I would have thought that they would have gone for double that.....:D