The mkiv Supra Owners Club

kumho tyres

mr lover

That's the exact same tyre (apart from size) that I am running on the rear of mine. They are a very good tyre for the price, and the life left in mine after having them for probably over a year now is excellent. They have impressed me so much that I put Kumhos on the front of mine just a few weeks back, and I am impressed with those also.

they are a very good long lasting tyre but are not great in the wet, as with anything else, you never rely totally on your tyres anyway, you get to know them and you act accordingly. I find it very hard to beat them for value but they are not the best all round, you get what you pay for in terms of wet tyre

Im on my third set of Kumho' now :) I cant say that they are THAT bad in the wet compared to F1's and AVS Sport...that ive also had on tha car :) I mean...they are not as good as the other two in the wet..but IMO the difference isnt that big of a deal...so when we factor in the ££££...thats enough to win me over atlest :D

Khumo's used to be THE budget choice in 'our' sizes. BUT they are now being

undercut by Nexen and Kingstar. I had Khumo 712's on my TT and they were

fine in the dry - took BOTH turbos !!:innocent:

BUT, they just let go a LITTLE sooner and spin-up a LITTLE sooner in the wet.

I had Nexens on our N/A until yesterday and i have to say i found them a

bit 'hard' - ride-wise.

I had to get our new wheels PREMATURELY yesterday because one of the

rear wheels on the car had a MASSIVE crack in it (that we've probably been

driving round with since we bought it !?!?).

I was going to go for 712's all round as it IS only an N/A, but they were doing

a promo on the Toyo T1-R's so i've got those instead.

(anyone got/had these ??)

Even with the new 18's over the old 17's the ride is noticably 'smoother'.

MAYbe partly due to actually having proper tread-DEPTH on there now

but i'm pretty sure the Toyos are softer than the Nexens.

I WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECTLY HAPPY WITH THE KHUMO's THOUGH ! !

FatS.

Although not a supra, I have Kumho Ecsta's fitted to my Celica GT4. I came across the tyres first as they are fitted to the red bull mini i use at work sometimes and I was surprised how grippy they were, but as that is the only mini i have ever driven, wasnt sure how much of the performance was attributable to the mini in general.

Then i bought my celica with a set of kumho's on it. 2 months later a pothole trashed the 18in rims, but I had no qualms what so ever fitting a set of kumho's to my replacement 17's.

They have over 10,000 miles on them now, are proving to be very hard wearing and yet, grippy in most situations. I will grant people that in the wet, they are ultimately not as good as some other brands, but find me a brand that isnt twice the price for the same size tyre that performs as well and I'll be very impressed.

There is now a new design of the Supra 711 tyre, mine are the old 711 design and the ones fitted to my 18's were the 712's. Both were really good tyres. At about half the price of Proxes etc, they arent half bad!

• 4 months later...
I had Nexens on our N/A until yesterday and i have to say i found them a bit 'hard' - ride-wise.

Sorry to bring this back up but I've had Kumhos on for a coupple of weeks now and it feels like someone has filled them with lead instead of air:blink:

Tyre pressures are 36 all round but the car really does seem to bounce at the front when going over bumps now (never an issue before), any once else found them "hard"?

Kumhos 'Supra' I mean it actually says SUPRA on the tread wall, cool or what................ Im so sad.... :D

Yeah same as mine all round. I'm on 18s

235\40\18 front

265\35\18 rear

Reading various threads on here 32 -36 is the recommended but comes down to personal preference at the end of the day.

Even on the 16s I would have thought you should be around the 36 mark?

Oh!, My dads got a BMW318se with stock 225/50/16 thats only 28/30 psi any higher its so bumpy and the steering wheel feels way to light,

I just chucked in 30 all round in the Soop, Might need a rethink.... anyone know for sure the correct presure for a stock 225/50/16 and 245/45/16?

I had Kumho 712's over and over again on my old NA - great longevity, adequate grip and noise levels, nice and cheap.

Note that that advert is for ONE tyre - a 712.

The 712 has been discontinued in favour of SPT, so you will never find a matching set. Mind you, the SPT looks like a dead-ringer of the old Pirelli P-Zero asymetrico (nice tyre, but not hard-wearing). Maybe they are using a harder compound...

HTH

yeah i also have kumho,s think thre made by bridgestone, i have 18"s what tyre pressure should i have

Reading various threads on here 32 -36 is the recommended but comes down to personal preference at the end of the day.

I realy must stop tying in that invisable font :D