The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota revising the Supe?

Supralookin

My local dealer said they've built one and it won't go in to production until Toyota start getting some motorsport wins:haha:

He also said it'll be sold at a Lexus garage along with the Celica, he said the Toyota garages will just be used for the smaller cars.

I'm sure he said they're getting rid of the MR2 as well????

Not sure how much (cough "bullshit" cough) he was talking, though he seemed to have convinced himself it was true!!!

There has been so much speculation about a new Supra..the first report came up in Auto Express (I think) in 2000 announcing that Toyota planned to release a new model in 2003...this never happened!:thumbdown

They then announced a new model to be built in 2005...this never happened either...then they announce a new Lexus...more of a replacement for the LC430 or Soarer than the Supra though!:thumbdown

But..its looking a little more hopeful in view of the fact that Nissen has announced the GTR to be built (i think) in 2007..it wont be badged as a Skyline and it wont look like a Taxi cab..:ecstatic:

It looks like the Jap car Industry has filled its think tanks up once again with Inspiration..so it wouldn't surprise me if Toyota did make an announcement shortly, they have been feeding us false hope for the last seven years so dont hold your breath too much..but I do get the impression something quite spectacular will emerge from Toyota at some point one day soon!!!:idea:

(just hope I win the lottery before then;) )

The Infinity Skyline is just the G35 coupe.

The Z and the Corvette were the rivial of the Supra, not the GTR.

Yes but this new GTR to be built in 97..is a different car..they have made it all things to all men, its less Skyline...infact in the article I read it seems like they wanted to get away from the Skyline image and build something more like (i guess) a modern day 300ZX/Fairlady..but with similiar engineering to the Skyline...but without the Skyline image...I think they wanted to basically marry the 300ZX to the Skyline!

The images I saw in the mag of the 'GTR' were very appealing and did appear to reflect the acheivements of Corvette and the like..but that is my opinion and what i personally read into it I guess!

But it kind of gave me the feeling that this may provoke Toyota into action again:shrug: :Popcorn:

Yip the LF-A concept is rumoured to be the new soarer this has the V10 engine and will cost somewhere around £60k

The new supra as mentioned here

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/50885/super_new_supra_on_track.html

I do have the actual mag with the pics somewhere will have a V8 engine it is not part of the lexus range and is going to be badged Toyota afaik

I cant wait for either of the cars to be released as both look stunning indeed