The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A worrying moment happened today

supra-alex

i experienced my first 'should i be concerned' moment today when a couple from across the road knocked on the door and said they saw 4 men (1 asian, 3 white) get out of a white tipo and started filming my N/A 96 with a camcorder !!

they did however get the number plate so if i c them again then i'll give it to old bill.

it was around 5.40pm this happened and apparently lasted for 5 mins while i was in the dining room on the pc internet banking before i go to vegas on monday am. Not what you want to hear before you leave the car alone for a week, i have since driven to top of driveway with me dad car behind it

Why would they film it, it was getting on dusk, rain on the windows it couldnt have been good footage ? Very strange ?

Anyone heard of this before..............

if it is true and your neighbours did see some guys filming your car you can be sure that its not a for a college project, do whatever you can to protect you car, thats why i suggested removing all fuses, wheel clamp and whatever else you can do, unplugging the ecu loom is a good idea so id parking it somewhere else.

I would personally report it to the police, give them the details of the other car and then give them your cars details, if they wanted to clone your car to do naughty things at least the police wont come looking for you as you would have reported this incident first.

I had this, pretty much same situation but they were in a 4x4 with tinted windows, guy on the same road had them looking at his GTO, I went up and had a word and we both reported it to the police as suspicious behaviour.

Report it and block the car in with something hefty (mate of mine has a bobcat which does the job lol)