The mkiv Supra Owners Club

quick hellooo!

Guest andy123

Guest andy123

Hi guys!just found your forum and just wanted to say a quick hello:D .hopefully getting a tt supra manual at the start of next year when the weather picks up a bit, and although I have used the search button, i cant seem to find a buying guide for the supra.Although its probably been asked a thousand times before, can anyone just give me a quick list of bits that are prone to failure on these?:help:

Thanks in advance :)

erm, are you looking at JSpec or UK?

On JSpec check for door drop and seat wear on fantastically low mileage cars... a obvious and minor point, but one I think one worth mentioning...

Evidence of regular oil change is probs the most important thing...

..and expect to buy new tyres on a regular basis.. these things eat them!

oh, and :welcome:

Guest andy123

thanks for the welcome guys :) just a bit apprehensive of buying one because i could see repair bills being quite large if anything did go, but you have put my mind at ease. :)

Try to look at the standard cars first off (if there are any still about that is)... a standard Supra TT is fantasticallly reliable.

As with any other car the more you tune it the more it stresses it, and the more its prone to failure.

A lot of J-spec imports come over as standard, and there are still a number of UK-specs in standard form. I've had my UK-spec running at 1.2bar, (stock is 0.9bar), for over two years and nothing has gone wrong with it. (apart from the stock alarm/immobiliser - which was my own fault).

Whatever you buy just do the usual car checks and you shouldn't have any problems. Availablity of parts for either spec is no problem... just take a look at how many traders we have on this forum.