The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Managed to get over 112 leptons!!!!

Prof. Monkey

J-Specs are limited within Japan to 112mph, some will go slightly over.

Pull up the carpet in the passenger side at the front, there is a plastic plate, remove that with a socket (10mm) and you will see the ECU, the connector at the bottom, the 2nd wire at the top will have a wire running from it if it has a delimiter. The wire you are looking for into the ECU will be pink.

Does your speedo work in miles or kmh?

If it works in miles it might have had a delimiter fitted!

are all j-spec limited when they come in to the country? i hit 120 (along a private round near a airfield). does this mean mines reading wrong, cos i dont think it has been delimited or anything!

It may display 120 on the speedo, yet in actual fact the true speed is probably about 10% less. So around 112.

a bit of a :hijack:. This may sound odd but after my NA-TT swap the speedo started reading in Miles. the only mod i did was fitting the Greddy BCC (boost cut controller)??? how is this possible

Cheers

Did you change the speedo as well? Apparently they are different and the signal from the NA ECU is different to the one from the TT ECU. Well thats what I was told when I considered that task.

I thought the RPM signal was what's different and would need the TT's Revmeter. Well my RPM meter doesnt work at all though so that must be true. When I m topped out in 2nd gear the speedo reads 60, in my NA second gear topped out used to be about 100kmph. Thats why i assumed that it may be reading in Miles now.

J-Specs are limited within Japan to 112mph, some will go slightly over.

Pull up the carpet in the passenger side at the front, there is a plastic plate, remove that with a socket (10mm) and you will see the ECU, the connector at the bottom, the 2nd wire at the top will have a wire running from it if it has a delimiter. The wire you are looking for into the ECU will be pink.

Does your speedo work in miles or kmh?

If it works in miles it might have had a delimiter fitted!

Not all cars are delimited in this way tho.