The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A mate wants to race my Supra on a CBR600

Green Peace

Yeah that! I'd advise against it bud

Ok I wont encourage him too much then...just was thinking of a clear stretch of dually in middle of night...but I guess he will need a bit more experience before gives it a little burst...Im sure Ive passed CBR600's before when raced...couldn't take on a Fireblade or anything but from a standing start i know he would have the edge ..from previous experience then 40 upwards then I would be passed him I reckon

but havent raced a bike for ages now!

:shrug:

LOL might have 22bhp restrictor ring in LOL

Its 33 they restrict them to.

You should be able to keep up with a CBR ok once your rolling. I've played about with an R1 while in the Sup before, and there was very little in it (and yes, I am also a biker, so I know exactly what they are capable of). :p ;)

I only passed a few months back and I wouldn't race you. Takes aggggggggges until you are fully competent with the bike and its asking for trouble. He'd have ya though ;)

My FZ6 is only a sports tourer (detuned R6 engine), not a supersports like the CBR, and my bike can still do 0-60 in 3.5 secs and 0-100 in 7.5secs (not with me riding it though!!!) ;) So they are a bit quick mate ;)

Its 33 they restrict them to.

You should be able to keep up with a CBR ok once your rolling. I've played about with an R1 while in the Sup before, and there was very little in it (and yes, I am also a biker, so I know exactly what they are capable of). :p ;)

Oops KB slip there!

Yes I have raced a ZX10 in mine last year (vid available) and it was a joke, I have an R1 and a TLS , but those zx10's are frikkin rapid. He pulled away from me like I pull away from a chavved up corsa!