The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another Superb Job by Phoenix

foodfreak

I want to say a massive thank you to Mark & Paul.

the attention to detail when building my new engine was impresive & meticulous(sp), & stayed 'till 9.00 last night to make sure I had the car for work today.

for anyone looking for work to be done in the south....you couldn't do any better than these guys.

Plus plenty of Tea:)

once again.....................Thank you very much

John

edited to say......brand new short block, eagle rods, ARP mains

Sore subject Bob,

oil was getting up past the rings, creating hot spots all around the piston crown......every piston looked like it was nibbled away by mice. loads of blow by as well

the clearance between bores & pistons was massive.

I did have 4 front oil seals in the 1st few of months after the last rebuild.........make of that what you will:(

John

Who are Pheonix, where are they and what services do they provide? I'm desperately looking for a trustworthy garage (who know what a Supra looks like!) in the south, but they seem to be VERY few and far between!

Ta.

I think they do pretty much everything from normal service to Single conversions. Reliable, honest and good prices. They have a guy who does paint/bodywork.

Speak to Mark or Paul:

Phoenix in Watford.

01923 228484

:)

Ro

Sore subject Bob,

oil was getting up past the rings, creating hot spots all around the piston crown......every piston looked like it was nibbled away by mice. loads of blow by as well

the clearance between bores & pistons was massive.

I did have 4 front oil seals in the 1st few of months after the last rebuild.........make of that what you will:(

John

Who fitted your single in the first place then?

Who are Pheonix, where are they and what services do they provide? I'm desperately looking for a trustworthy garage (who know what a Supra looks like!) in the south, but they seem to be VERY few and far between!

Ta.

look no further than m8!!, i have tried a few others that i wern't to impressed with (no name dropping). But these guys are good and they arn't strangers to the supra to say the least!, i know they do quite a few guys on this forum and when i first went to there premises they had 3 suups there.Nice & honest guys

Guest Terry S

John, glad it all went OK bud, Mark said she fired really well which is good.

I keep pestering Mark to get his arse on here. They are good guys, very honest, and reliable. You cant really ask more from a Garage IMHO

Ta.

Look no further than Phoenix. They are excellent. As above they do anything from an oil change to an engine rebuild(/build!). Paintwork/bodyshop is next door. Based in Watford but right next to Watford Junction Station so very easy to drop off and head back into London if you need to.

01923228484 - Mark and Paul

Sorry Darren, didn't mean to sound stroppy,

I'm just very dissappointed in the standard of the last build,:complain:

& more than a little pissed off at what was found.:thumbdown

could have done without spending Thousands more at the moment

John

No worries mate weve all been burned badly by some respected tuners I know I have.

I keep pestering Mark to get his arse on here.

Wear some steel capped boots Terry! ;)

They are good guys, very honest, and reliable. You cant really ask more from a Garage IMHO

Absolutely! :thumbs: I've absolutely no qualms about travelling 80miles door-2-door .. for work on my car. Great service, friendly, good prices and ran by 2 guys who know the workings of a Supra.

They sorted out a few tricky probs with my car. I recommended them to another supra owner from work (non board member) who was also extremely impressed with the service. Not heard a bad word about them!

My only worry is they might eventually become too busy to keep up the high standard of work...

Guest Terry S
My only worry is they might eventually become too busy to keep up the high standard of work...

I have spoken with them about this and basically they are now concentrating on Supras at the expense of their run of the mill stuff. They are intelligent guys and fully understand they are only as good as their last job.

Guest Terry S
Sorry Darren, didn't mean to sound stroppy,

I'm just very dissappointed in the standard of the last build,:complain:

& more than a little pissed off at what was found.:thumbdown

could have done without spending Thousands more at the moment

John

Think we'd both agree we have seen a few "less than perfect" installs lately eh John!