The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anyone purchased some Corbeau subframes?

wez_p

just wanted to know how other people had got one with fitting their subframes from Corbeau in the UK

i've got a set of the Carerra seats and i've now had 2 sets of subframes from Corbeau

personally, i think the quality & fitment of them is appalling

as an example, the 2nd set i have now, whilst i can actually get the subframes to match up with the stock seat bolt holes i don't think the thread on the bolts will be up to much now and my drivers seat still touches the door card when it's closed, meaning you can't get the seatbelt round without opening the door again!

when i adjusted my seat, i felt some 'interference' and when i moved it back again, part of the internals of one the runners fell out!

i haven't fitted the passenger side yet, but last time i couldn't even get the bolt holes to match up on them!

if you look on the web site http://www.corbeau-seats.co.uk/Corbeau%20Accessories.htm at the subframes on there, that was the kind of thing i expected. i'll post a picture up of what i have actually got at some point if anyone's interested or also having the same problems

anyone bought some from Corbeau USA?

give paul whiffin a call fella, he's a stockits of corbeau, i looked into these seats, but paul said they were having trouble with the subframes so i didn't bother. good luck

Paul supplied mine. He's done everything he can to get the problem rectified but the latest batch are still rubbish IMO. He's fitting a set tomorrow with some Carreras as he tried a set with some Boss seats last week & they went in fine.

The Carreras are smaller seats in every dimension according to the specs on the Corbeau site so if the Boss seats fit then the Carreras should.

Noticed tonight i now have a dent in the door card where the seat is pushing against it & the seat is also now loose on the subframe somewhere

Can get the sub-frames here -

The Supra Brackets are E792F

http://miami-gt.com/product_info.php/products_id/578?osCsid=07d07a1a7f9f6ce8b43b5ead18e9c8b8

Which ones did you get in Wez?

mine were from the UK Corbeau

the ones in your picture are similar but not the same as the ones i've received

would you mind contacting them for a confirmed price including delivery and confirmation that:

1. the holes match up properly for the bolts to hold the subframes to the car

2. the seat doesn't touch the door card once fitted (Carrera model)

3. the internals of the runners won't fall out if i adjust the seat :swear:

cheers mate

and could you send me those instructions for the earthing kit please when you get chance? :rtfm:

IMG_1433.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

Just got my Corbeau Boss seats fitted today at Paul Whiffins. The new style subframe works fine with the "Boss" seats.

glad yours went in ok matey :thumbs: they do look nice

so they don't touch the door card at all? maybe i've just been unlucky with mine

gonna try the passenger one in the morning and see how that goes in

they are bloody comfy compared to the stock seats aren't they?!

Paul was also fitting some Carreras today for someone apparently so will find out how they went in too

• 3 weeks later...

just to bring closure to this issue for anyone who is also thinking of getting some Corbeaus, i am now a happy chappy :D

firstly, from the 2 sets of subframes that Corbeau sent me (1 set that didn't fit the bolt holes & 1 set with broken runners) i managed to make a single set that are fully fitting & functional

secondly, and more embarassingly, it turns out that the seats i bought are actually the 'wide' edition ( see here ) hence why they were hitting the door cards :tomato: good ol' ebay :faint:

anyways, a local car welders took a look at them and managed to bend the outer edges in very slightly so that they now do not touch the door cards & look no different

from what Paul has been telling me he has now sorted his suppliers for subframes that are fully fitting and has a few other people now very happy with their Corbeau seats too

sorted :eyebrows: