The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pilot test drive today!!!!!! HELL YEAH

lockys96

:thumbs: :clap: :read:

After a bad start, hearing my bumper had been cracked during shipping. its fibreglass, and is cracked near headlight and bottom near the wheel.

went to view my car for the first time today, BONSAICARS. Everything seems sound, all gear changes, running, currently on 109,000km, cambelt change 97,000km, oil change was 93k. so could do with a change soon.

What a beauty, thought id take some pictures when i was there, but my camera died on battery, so managed 2 pics. sadly i cant post them, cant find the cable.

Anyway, who ever doesnt like the veilside wing, can stick it up their ***,

looks amazing on my car.

I didnt test drive myself, but got taken out. OMG! the power, puts your heart in your mouth, such a hard ride on adjustable suspension, mind you, i dont know what make as i cant see anything, its that low. the wheels kind of judder in first, trying to get traction.

he told me when he collected it, he also collected a r33gtr, it kept up with that,and thats 4wd, and meant to be 0-60 in 4.7.

hope to get it registered next week and on the road.

im going to take it real easy, cant wait

Im thinking, OMG, what have i done, im going to own that!!! its huge

Si.....

so somebodies been ragging the shit out of your new car racing a gtr? i wouldnt be too pleased about that. bet you cant wait to pick her up and drive it for yourself now. i like the veilside spoiler as long as the rest of the car is kitted

well you either know about it, or dont.

Knowone knows how your car was driven before you purhcase it, ah well.

yeah, cant wait.

it has full kit, but the du-luck front needs re-spray, and work.

Im getting a clifford alarm fitted asap, but my turbo timer will not work with this, so looks like ill have to sell it,

I think only the R32 GTR had a sub 5 second 0-60 standard (later models got heavier), but as SkyJawa says there is not much in it really - the skyline having a traction advantage on launch and the supe having a potential top speed advatage (2wd = less power loss) and possibly more torque.

Im getting a clifford alarm fitted asap, but my turbo timer will not work with this, so looks like ill have to sell it,

Are u sure? I have an hks turbo timer running on my clifford and intellistart.

They all work together,just gotta get the clifford boys to program it

Nice one mate, get a full service done, change all the fluids and fuel filter so you have peace of mind. This is worth doing even though it have supposedly had it done recently.

I always do a full service even though it might have a stamp that says so when I buy a new car.

:)

I think only the R32 GTR had a sub 5 second 0-60 standard (later models got heavier), but as SkyJawa says there is not much in it really - the skyline having a traction advantage on launch and the supe having a potential top speed advatage (2wd = less power loss) and possibly more torque.

Thats pretty much it re traction/top end etc. The torque is a bit irrelevant as the Skyline has different gearing to cope for that and revs far higher.

Actually the R32 and R33 are similar in 0-60 only a few hundredths of a second in it, its the R34 (heaviest of them all!) that does it in 4.7.......

Are u sure? I have an hks turbo timer running on my clifford and intellistart.

They all work together,just gotta get the clifford boys to program it

Tell me more tepster,

ive been told, that if you have a turbo timer, than have a clifford alarm fitted, when the timer runs on, you try and lock it, it wont work, or just set the alarm off.

Tell me more, because id rather had the one ive got which you can change the time, the clifford one, you cant.

Thanks

Simon..

oh, and what do you mean by, (They all work together,just gotta get the clifford boys to program it)

that sounds like it aint working properly

All works fine mate, smart windows,proximity sensor etc...

Its the programming bit that take the time.When they install the alarm make sure they put a remote access lead in.

This mean u can just locate a small plug that they can then link the laptop too and change all the settings and tones etc around rather than into the alarm brain.(not too sure about the terminology!)

Oooo so technical!