The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blow out last night

Vaughany

I was out last night for a spin, roads were quiet and I thought the perfect opprotunity to dust off the cobwebs. Turn out of a roundabout and just about to boot the single turbo when shit that dont sound right, lumpy ride, took me 100 metres to be able to pull over safely.

Looked down and to my surprise, NSF tyre was totally gone apart from the inner and outer edge, all the rest of the tyre had vanished. So midnight last night, had to phone the missus to bring the space saver, jack so I could change the damage and limp home.

She was pissed as we had to wake up and bring the kids aswell so not happy, in fact her words were F**king Supra, more trouble than its worth. Apart from coming out of it safely all I was thinking what damage have I done to the car and the wheel.

Well this morning, got a new Goodyear Eagle F1 on and to my surprise, no damage to the underneath of the car and my 19" Braid is fine aswell. The missus has calmed down and actually stated things could of been alot worse.

Luckily I was only going about 50 so pretty lucky alll things considering. The morale of the story, regularly check your tyres (which i do) and if anyone asks you if you believe in goodluck or GOD, say you do as someone is definitely keeping an eye over me.

cheers