The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Supra Owner + pics

Guest madder_ali

Guest madder_ali

Hi there all!

Just thought it was a bout time that I posted and introduced myself. Great forum by the way, have found it very helpful already.

I drove a nissan almera GTI until recently but purchased a Black Supra Rz TT about 3 weeks ago now. Love it! Though scares me at times especially in the wet (first rear wheel drive car, and what a car!)

Though it has high mileage (100k + ) it has been incrediably well looked after and has a full JPS service history since coming to the uk 5 years ago.

Looking to get some paintwork done (the front really needs a respray) If anyone knows any good sprayers (and cheap!) in this area would be great if you could let me know. Was thinking about getting a ful respray if I could afford it...

It has been modified and externally has the full veilside kit with abflug bonnet and rear bumper.

Anyways enough from me have a look at the pics!

Cheers

Ali

SUPRA1.jpg

SUPRA3.jpg

Hi mate and welcome. Nice car, any plan for it yet?? Graphics being removed etc..... Please for the love of god, with it being your first rear wheel drive car and with winter here, please please go carefull and don't let anybody goad you into any races. As you already know they have one hell of alot of power and this sometimes can be bad if not looked after.

Welcome, and congratulations!

As James said - If it's wet or even slightly damp and you put your foot down too much then it will fish tail, can be scary and dangerous but otherwise....it's a bloody awesome car! There's a few members from Bristol, try and have a mini meet so they can help you familiarise with the car and give you tips.

Ro

Guest madder_ali

Thanks guys

Want to keep the car black I quite like it the way it is!

Yes I agree the car is dangerous, it has RTLC which is great though I dont think its quite set up right. Lost the back end in the rain the first week I had it. I was going so slow but the auto box kicked down on a roundabout and I lost it! Thankfully was quiet and was a big roundabout so no damage done. Alot more careful now, got used to using the manual gear select when wet to make the car more predictable on corners and roundabouts.

Going to remove some of the gfx, wnat to keep the combat ones on the side but remove the ones in the windows, and may remove the abflug ones on the wings depending how much I get resprayed.

What do you guys think I should do?

Looks like garbage mate ;) Kiddin, lovely colour, i do like black supes with gold wheels on too! The kickdown on the autobox does seem to cause a lot of auto owners grief! Speak to Terminator (Phli) or Matt Harwood @ Sextons on here, they know about RLTC etc and might be able to help you out with it :)

Guest madder_ali
Looks like garbage mate ;) Kiddin, lovely colour, i do like black supes with gold wheels on too! The kickdown on the autobox does seem to cause a lot of auto owners grief! Speak to Terminator (Phli) or Matt Harwood @ Sextons on here, they know about RLTC etc and might be able to help you out with it :)

Already had a chat with Terminator (phil) and hopefully he will be helping me out in the near future, I have a laptop and the connecting cable for the RLTC I only have the old software which I read (on a thread here ) isn't the greatest so gonna hold on for a while before touching anything! Dont want to mess that up when its so wet :scare: