The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what have i done??

Guest clydey1

Guest clydey1

I hace a 94 n/a auto with 100 shot of nos... Sunday night i was enjoying a spirited drive with friends and got in a dog fight with a friends evo so needless to say i had to use the laughing gas but i think i may have over done it .. After passing him ( only just ) i slowed down for roundabout then accelerated away to find a misfire. After investigation following day i have bit of ble/white smoke and a bit of smoke or steam out of cylinder 2 with plug removed. I'm hoping the head gasket has blown a piece out from the nos but thought i'd post this for some advice......any out there?

whiteish smoke does suggest a head gasket. Too much punch in the cylinders may indeed have knocked a bit of gasket out.

Check yor oil... are there any bubbles or other discolouration?

If it was just missfire then it may have just been a spark plug.. but then NO2 is supposed to lower the cylinder temperature, so spark plugs shouldn't have burnt out. (sorry just thinking out loud there).

A few other guys will be along to give other thoughts I'm sure..

Guest clydey1

plenty of compression and plug is fine.. after a couple of mins warm up smoke is blue... i also have some pressurisation in coolant hose which leads me to believe h/gasket...it's just that blue smoke that worries me...

Guest clydey1

yeah...blue smoke is burning oil but i was hoping by some miracle fluke that it is h/gasket...i'm gonna strip it this week with my fingers crossed...

Guest clydey1

wizards of nos kit but no progressive controller was bringing it on manually between 3500-5500 rpm... think i may sell the kit though after i sort car out...had a friend listen to car today and his opinion was that it may be a valve!!!

That'll be why then.

If you're giving your engine a sudden hit of an extra 100bhp, it's bound to kill something! You should really be looking at progressive for anything over 50bhp extra, no matter how strong the engine - it's the sudden 'jolt' from a straight hit that causes the damage.

Doesn't the ECU of the n/a adjust ignition timing in the same way the TT does?

If so, then there is no reason why the supra engine can't take over 100bhp shots, provided that they're set up properly with a progressive controller.

Have a go at the NosWizard forum, they're very helpful.