The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New guy

Guest Glowin

Alright fellas

I've just bought my first ever Supra and so far I'm completely lovin it. It's a manual N/A and was imported from the land of the rising sun last year. I turned 25 this year and decided that I was getting a bit too old for another hot hatch. I have to admit I wasn't completely sure at first as I really wanted the twin turbo (and still do really but I can't afford one) but now I've got it I know I made the right choice plus I've already spun it so maybe a TT isn't such a great idea until I grow up a bit. In my defence it was soaking and it is my first rear wheel drive car, a roundabout was also involved. I'll try not to give you lot a bad name. The best bit so far was the other day when I was coming up to a roundabout. Coming off of it was a guy in a Gallardo, obviously I was checking it out and as it was going past I saw it's driver checking my Supra out. Brilliant! And he could have bought about 20 of mine for the price of his. The only bad bits, fuel consumption and the foam bits in the boot that hold the tools squeek all the fecking time.

Image083.jpg

Image082.jpg

Image080.jpg

Can I get them from Toyota? I noticed that you guys seem to think that Toyota rip you off for parts. Where do you think would be the best place to get them from? Needless to say though, it's a pretty small down side to owning such a wicked car.

Nice car fella :)

I think I saw this one advertised on autotrader a couple of months ago - was gonna go take a look, but I'm really after an auto. Still looking too......:violin:

Actually, I swear I also saw this car parked outside Charring Cross hospital a couple of weeks ago when I was cycling home from work too. Admittedly I was knackered so I might be wrong, but I thought I recognised the wheels from the photos on the trader. Am I right?

Oh yeah, and Ewen, how come I didn't get an unorthadox welcome like everyone else?! Is it cos my name isn't crazy enough? :(

Congratulations Nick1980 that was my car parked outside Charring Cross Hospital about two weeks ago. I've got some mates living just across the road, it's a small world. And I have only had it for a month or two so it's likely you saw it in Autotrader too.

I'm a bit new to this Homer, what's PITA and epc? Good point about the hatch rubbers by the way, feelin a little stupid right now.

oops, sorry. PITA = Pain in the ass :D search and you'll see what I mean

epc = Electronic Parts Catalogue. (This is the software Toyota use when ordering/viewing parts for any Toyota car. Many of us here have 'obtained' copies of this software which allows us to view breakdowns of the parts or the car and also the part numbers required (Saves a lot of messing about at the toyota parts dept!).

One of the club members is offering a free download here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/member.php?u=1719

Yes! My powers of observation are still strong, even after no sleep :thanku:

As I recall, he wanted about 5 and a half grand for it - manage to knock him down at all? I'm lookin to spend about 5 myself

I have to admit I had a pretty good look at it the other week (hate doing that tho - I always think the owner is gonna see me and think I'm gonna try to nick it or something!) and I gotta say that is a lovely car you got there :thumbs:

If you're down again and fancy taking me for a spin sometime......

No problems mate, I'll let you know next time I'm in the area. I come from Woking but moved up to Staffs about two years ago (my missus comes from Cheshire) so I'm south quite a lot.

I managed to knock £300 off and part ex my Clio 16v so all in all I ended up paying £4800 for it. My first car four years ago was a Saxo VTS. It makes me laugh when I think it cost me a grand more than my Supra.

Nice! It does take the piss that these cars are so cheap now, but I suppose it's good for us just getting in to them! :D

I used to have a saxo VTR, and that cost me £7000 second hand quite a few years ago, although that was well before pretty much the entire youth of Britain bought one :p

I don't care what people say now - I loved that little car! :love:

Trading it in for peanuts for an RS focus was the worst thing I ever did!