The mkiv Supra Owners Club

posting pics

cleland

Depends where you look and how you do it. Can take me 30 seconds to load and save as a smaller file :D

So you keep Photoshop in memory "just in case"? Don't get me wrong - I love it. Think it's the best piece of software ever written...but to use it to resize pics is just daft.

The microsoft power toy works a treat and is always there.

to use it to resize pics is just daft.
PS is good for optimising the file size and or format to make the pic as small as possible while maintaining a decent quality.

Can the Microsoft thing resize pics, adjust compression and convert to PNG,JPG,GIF etc? I might have to try it if it's does.

Can the Microsoft thing resize pics, adjust compression and convert to PNG,JPG,GIF etc? I might have to try it if it's does.

Don't be silly - it's a free tool from MS! :sly:

Yes Photoshop is the biz - the image compression options are fantastic...BUT! We're recommending a product here to guys that don't know about all this stuff and just want to stick up some pics on the forum. We're not talking commercial grade image quality and compression techniques.

I guess you've just got more time to waste than me.