The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What management?

Guest kennyf

I'm needing to get new management now that I've sold my AEM. I'm swaying towards E mange ultimate but have just stumbled across this;

http://www.suprastore.com/mapecu.html

Any opinions on which one I should get and the availability of mappers for both?

A couple of observations:

1. It is an E - MANAGE Ultimate. Mange is an infectious disease in hairy animals, such as dogs and cats, which makes hair fall out and causes areas of rough skin.

2. Suprastore have a very bad reputation amongst the Supra community so be careful if you decide to deal with them.

You are still limited with mappers who look at the E-Manage as it is not considered to be the type of EMS that professional mappers will work with. In saying that, there are a couple of chaps on the BBS who could help you out.

I know mothing of the MAP ems.

A couple of observations:

1. It is an E - MANAGE Ultimate. Mange is an infectious disease in hairy animals, such as dogs and cats, which makes hair fall out and causes areas of rough skin.

PMSL :D

Even if it is the lowest form of wit!! :nyah:

For E - MANAGE I was looking at Ian C as his name seems to be very good and he is always helpful with my dumbass questions. However the spec on the map ecu looks as if it can cater for as much as the AEM could but my worry is would I be walking down another hard to map path?

PMSL :D

Even if it is the lowest form of wit!! :nyah:

For E - MANAGE I was looking at Ian C as his name seems to be very good and he is always helpful with my dumbass questions. However the spec on the map ecu looks as if it can cater for as much as the AEM could but my worry is would I be walking down another hard to map path?

I am glad you took the post in the right spirit :nyah:

Ian C is probably the most experienced person on the board with the E Manage but you have a slight problem in as much as he is in Norwich :eek:

Kenny, have you thought about the HKS F-con Pro (or others from the range)?? There's quite a few people with theses now and am tempted to go this way myself. If you want a MAP ECU then i think Dusty at MVP is doing a good deal with those at the moment, or i think Dale may have one for sale 2nd hand.

Would it be a struggle to find amapper for the mapecu though as that was the problem with the AEM, E manage already has some established uk mappers which to me is a big incentive.

The HKS one i know Terry has a bloke in Canada i think and they will set it up for you and send it back. But after reading your other thread i guess you'd like it done pretty sharpish wouldn't you.

Yes and no, don't need it back on the road as I have my works gaylander but I think I'd like a setup that can get adjusted here in the uk as and when I uprate it, if that makes sense!

Thanks for the replies folks , so what do people feel I should go for? E manage , mapecu or something that I've over looked, my main intrest is the ability to get it mapped in the UK as often as I need it and by a good mapper?

I have a J-Spec manual in with a Power FC on it, I'll let you know how it drives, the Power FC on my Skyline has just been mapped (properly). For the price and its limitations I think it's great, but the "proper" engine is getting my Motec M800 on it. For the record the difference betwwen mapped properly by someone who knows EXACTLY what they are doing, and SUPPOSEDLY mapped properly by A.N Expert (no one connected with this forum, or Supras), is chalk and cheese. I want to drive the car every day now, before it was a rough *rsed bugger.

The MAP ecu is still a piggy back and TBH has no were near the facilities of the E manage ultimate yet alone the AEM..I would look at CJ's list above and choose a unit based upon what will make it the easiest for you to get done up where you are . As you say there are very few if any people in scotland that can do the AEM ...and im affraid to say the MAP ecu will be the same and as it is still a piggy back an relies on the stock ecu, it also has its limits IE running mahoosive injectors well. Unforunately ECU are like trainers ..everyone has a favorite make and some are more comfy than others ..its just depends on how easy you want life to be :yu:

Also the MAP ecu was primerily designed to eliminate the MAF on UK/USA car and make them run MAP ..If you have a Jspec then this is halfway to the goal and money can be spent better elsewhere IMHO And as Chris says base your choice on the mapper.

Ok I think I have an idea of the mapper I'd like , so based on that I'd be going for e manage ultimate, therefore would I still need the pressure sensor if using an AVCR boost controller as I've read that its not required using a Profec e01 controller just wondering if the same was true for my AVCR?

Ok I think I have an idea of the mapper I'd like , so based on that I'd be going for e manage ultimate, therefore would I still need the pressure sensor if using an AVCR boost controller as I've read that its not required using a Profec e01 controller just wondering if the same was true for my AVCR?

The GReddy E-01 comes with it's own sensor which can be connected up to the GReddy emanage. Your Apexi AVCR is not compatible with the emanage, so you will ideally need to buy a separate boost sensor.

ps. Kenny did I give you a quote for the emanage ultimate already? If not give me a shout.