The mkiv Supra Owners Club

full respary - what colur??

DBR

right guys.../ girls, i have a silver uk suup an personnaly i find the colour a bit boring, i am thinking of a full respray, but into a stock colour (black,storm blue, red), or maybe the gunmetal grey some of the imports come in (luuuuvvvly colour!!!, by far the nicest i think!)

Firstly will a respary into another UK colour devalue the car in a big way??, secondaly how much would a full respray cost, windows out, shuts, engine bay etc.... £2000 ish??

or any colour suggestions welcome (not a fan of the outragious in ur face colours thoguh)

cheers

ur thoughts are much the same as mine peeps gunmetal grey or black is the way to go!!,

is that price of £2200 to paint the enginge bay too???

i think at the end of the day its all gonna boil down to how much the car will devalue?? i think spraying the car will keep more value if sprayed in a colour it origionally came in...i think?? rather than the gunmetal that uk's wernt available in

what ya reckon

I reckon if you change the colour it will effect the value, or at least the amount of folks who would buy the car. Doesn't matter if you change it to another stock colour either.

Gunmetal or black are both good choices although black is a right bugger to keep clean. Gunmetal on the other hand is a great colour for that, it never looks dirty even when it really is.

Changing the colour if documented and done RIGHT should have no impacts on the price of the car...

BUT it has to be done right.. Your looking at £3000 for complete including engine bay down to the crossmembers at GVN

Also if going from silver to gunmetal you dont really need to change any documentation on vehicle colour or anything.. You wont even notice the small areas deep inside the engine bay that cant be reached with paint that are still silver....

The only thig that will be incorrect is the chassis colour code..

I reckon if you change the colour it will effect the value, or at least the amount of folks who would buy the car. Doesn't matter if you change it to another stock colour either.

I agree.. and am trying to explain this to the tart. As soon as we saw a 'Ruby Red' one, everyone's (including my) first comment was "that's not a stock colour.. serious alarm bells"

Having owned a black, gunmetal and now RSP Blue Supra I can honestly say that I changed my mind which colour I liked best on a daily basis, depending on the light, and how clean the cars were.

The black looks great after a polish.

The blue looks brill in different light as it's kind of bluey purple and changes.

Gunmetal I liked, but is generally a very common colour on other cars now. Actually I think it was called Moonstone Green or something? It was a facelift car so maybe they changed the paint names. You could kind of make out a slight green tinge in the pigment in certain light.

I considered the gunmetal and green stock colours, as well as RSP. Depends how you want the car to look - you got any kit goin on too? Jake won't thank me for saying it, but have his Rage Thunderstorm (i think?) colour is a lot better than gunmetal too, thought about anythin like that?

I like the MG XPower grey. Same kind of colour.

I very nearly bought Jakes white VVTi last xmas and got Envy to respray it that colour...alas funds didn't allow in the end (thankfully for me given the problems he had with the faulty pipe leading to engine failure!)

well blackcat i did think about the pink with chromes:limp:

i think gunmetal is what im gonna do:yes: , car should look crisp, what needs to be done for the engine bay to be sprayed (ie what needs to come out).

thanks trd3000 i will contact gvn when come round to getting the spray done, i take it you have used them befor?? (need a really good place cos obviously i want to get a fualtless job done)

im still a bit curiuos about the value dropping cos when i think about it, if i was buying i would be very worried about a car that has had a full respray