The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some p***k hit my car

nfsjoe

So i'm driving round a roundabout and a lorry decides he wants to join my lane, not by the usual method of indicating over but instead by drifting over into my car, resulting in the photos below. Anybody know of any good body shops around the Gloucester area, I've just taken it to Toyota who said they'll get me a quote tomorrow, defo needs a front wing, the front bumper has been scraped so needs respraying, and the guy at Toyota thinks the dent in the door should come out and just needs respraying.

Photo0065.jpg

Photo0066.jpg

Photo0067.jpg

Photo0068.jpg

totally agree with carl0s. Speak to the boss again and say that you have independant witnesses (not hard to find) and that you would like their insurance details. Failing to provide them can be consituted as an offence and if required you can contact the police to allow them to obtain the details (this is where the offence can become applicable). See how quickly the boss changes his mind, if not - let the insurance companies argue about it. There may also be CCTV on the roundabout as there often is.

Gonna take some photos of the roundabout in question tonight then show there boss so he can see how in no way it can be my fault, if he doesn't agree to paying for the whole thing then i'll want his insurance details, if he doesn't pass them over i'll do exactly what stealthhosts says.

totally agree with carl0s. Speak to the boss again and say that you have independant witnesses (not hard to find) and that you would like their insurance details. Failing to provide them can be consituted as an offence and if required you can contact the police to allow them to obtain the details (this is where the offence can become applicable). See how quickly the boss changes his mind, if not - let the insurance companies argue about it. There may also be CCTV on the roundabout as there often is.

:yeahthat:

Lorries do stray from lane to lane on some roundabouts due to their size and them swinging out to make the turn, but if it was a big roundabout then there's really no excuse.

Someone mentioned cyclists not using the highway code - i find they're the worst of anyone, chargin up 1 way streets the wrong way and cuttin to the pavement if a car comes etc, straying from lane to lane without a care in the world! People who live in Cambridge, dunno how you cope with them!!

Get a full and proper quote from toyota for the repairs.

Then go to a local bodyshop and get a cheaper quote.

Buy a 2nd hand wing and get the cheap bodyshop to do the work.

get the Boss bloke to pay half of toyotas quoted amount......there shouldn't be much difference after he's paid half.......worth a thought. :yes:

Sorry to hear the sad news.......at least you can still drive it....:(

Thats exactly what i'm doing stevenb, don't think i'll lose out this way and not have to worry about the insurance companys.

It's still worth nagging his Boss to say that his lorry driver was at fault......send him letter's if need be and threaten legal proceedings....make your case as strong as possible.

If it doesn't work out then you have the current offer to fall back on.

Always difficult with lorries and roundabouts........some people can say that you should anticipate that a lorry needs more space on a roundabout (not saying your wrong at all mate) so it makes things more difficult.