The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lost back end this morning. No harm done though.

RedM

Waiting on the central reservation of a dual carriage way. No cars coming so pulled out. Didn't go fast because of the rain but pulled out in a steady, positive manner.

Back end spun round, caught it and went back a bit the other way. Once it was straight I carried on.

Now, this was outside a petrol station (although on the far side of the DCW) so that may have been a factor but also, I got not a flicker from the stock Traction control! Considering how heavy-handed it can be at other times I was suprised.

Would RLTC have prevented this presuming it wasn't due to diesel on the road?

I don't get it. Took the car to a huge empty car park this evening with the intention of trying to spin the car with my girlfriend in it so she could see just how scary it is. Car park was wet and covered in leaves.

Could I spin the car? Could I f**k. I tried everything. Only by really flooring it with TC off could I spin it. At speeds similar to (and faster than) the other morning it was absolutely rock solid.

..and heres me just about to buy new tyres and RLTC because of this and the g/friend kinda wondering if the expense is justified.

I don't get it. Took the car to a huge empty car park this evening with the intention of trying to spin the car with my girlfriend in it so she could see just how scary it is. Car park was wet and covered in leaves.

Could I spin the car? Could I f**k. I tried everything. Only by really flooring it with TC off could I spin it. At speeds similar to (and faster than) the other morning it was absolutely rock solid.

..and heres me just about to buy new tyres and RLTC because of this and the g/friend kinda wondering if the expense is justified.

If you can't justify spnding money on the supe, you either need to hang up the car keys or the gf :D