The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Failed MOT :(

Aerotop Dave

I've just about had it with my Supra.

12 years old and the darn thing cost me £15 for some new wiper blades to get it through the MOT. Well Toyota will be getting a very strongly worded letter from me that's for sure.

On the plus side, new UK springs and shocks fitted all round and I'm told everything else was 'absolutedly fine, sweet as a nut under there'. Front shocks were 'completely gone, totally useless', so that might explain the somewhat poor ride over bumps I've had for a few months :)

Classic Supra quote from the mechanic - 'When that second turbo comes online.... hmmm, yes, hello mother' :devil:

You have to accept that a 12 year old car will need maintenence to keep it in good condition. Before any MOT its a good idea to make sure things like wiper blades, headlight and other bulbs, things like that, are in good condition... and if they aren't then you buy them from a cheap source and not from the toyota dealer who usually charges 200% extra for the same items.

New springs and shock will make a huge difference to the ride quality.... do you know if the condition of all the suspension bushes are ok? Bushes can also make an old car fell like new.