The mkiv Supra Owners Club

engine mounts

uk-rich

Guest Terry S
Chris Wilson Changed mine last march as they were completly shot...

Made a hell of a difference...

Not sure if that was the question!..

No he was asking about solid mounts mate not stock.

so what do you think, fcuk it and get them fitted and vibrate myself to pieces or risk the turbo touching the suspension tower ??

million dollar question

I reckon you should be a pioneer and go for it! Wobbly mounts are no good.

I don't know how many people make the mounts or if you're restricted to just TRD or Toyota OEM ones? You'd expect TRD ones to be a good compromise.

I wouldn't have thought it'd be too bad as a passenger at any rate. You just will end up with more annoying trim squeeks and rattles over time.

ive got the phr solid engine mounts, but trim rattles really annoy me, but i think i've cured them all by now

it says

These are a must for any Supra making in excess of 650 Horsepower! On the chassis dyno, we found that single turbo equipped engines would move in such a fashion as to push the turbocharger assembly against the shock tower under boost. This resulted many times in a scratched turbo housing and/or cracked exhaust manifold. We also found that the TRD upgrade engine mounts were not sufficient enough to correct this on engines making over 650 Horsepower, so we once again turned to our research and development department. Constructed from Chromoly Steel, these engine mounts are coated in the familiar PHR red, and utilize Grade 8, 1/2" fasteners to corral the mighty 2JZGTE. A direct replacement for the stock engine mounts on the 1993-1996 Supra and a standard item on any PHR race engine.

DCP_0319.jpg

Guest Terry S
TRD do uprated but not solid engine mounts - these are a MUCH better idea.

Solid engine mounts belong on RACE cars.

I have used these on my previous and current car. Like I said the solid ones I tried were awful.