The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Motec and CRD

Dale B

I have had Dave look at my car after Owen Dev did the initial installation and mapping (this was due to Mark at Owen being on holiday) and can confirm that he is an absolute whizz with the Motec EMS.

He is an Australian who came over to the UK after working with Motec over there and is now regarded as the top guy in the world. Whilst it might seem that he spends his free time mapping the reality is that most "serious" competitors such as CRD will run on weekends and out of normal working hours and can afford to pay him to attend the meets.

Unfortunately, he has no interest in supplying and fitting the M600 / 800 and leaves that to the distributors in the UK but is quite happy to look at it after it has been set up and initially mapped. To do this you would need to travel to Banbury where Motec are based.

Dale, if you need his email address or phone number give me a call and I will supply it.

Ive emailed Owens twice telling them what i would like and to give me a guide price, but they never got back to me :cry: , neither did 2 others I emailed. The only people to get back in touch were CRD and Thor. I'll fone owen at the weekend and have a word

Cheers Col Ive got it from the Motec uk webby

Ive emailed Owens twice telling them what i would like and to give me a guide price, but they never got back to me :cry: , neither did 2 others I emailed. The only people to get back in touch were CRD and Thor. I'll fone owen at the weekend and have a word

Cheers Col Ive got it from the Motec uk webby

Owen are crap at returning emails but very good if you use the old fashioned phone system. AFAIK, neither CRD nor Thor are Motec dealers and tuners - in fact, I know that CRD use Dave Rowe.

Have these guys got the M800 working with the FBW on the VVT-i ?

Mark has assured me that he and Michael can get it working and would charge me circa £200-£300 to get it done... :respekt:

For the time being My car is running perfectly without it.. Nevr missed a heartbeat and on a recent compression check and examination everything was in tip top shape..

and to give me a guide price, but they never got back to me :cry: ,

I'd like to know a guide price, I expect proper money for a proper bit of kit!

I'm thinking of EMS before going single.

If any of the current M800 owners would like to PM a "guide price" to me, this would be very nice of them :clap:

I'd like to know a guide price, I expect proper money for a proper bit of kit!

I'm thinking of EMS before going single.

If any of the current M800 owners would like to PM a "guide price" to me, this would be very nice of them :clap:

£3000 including mapping

Hi guys, lets just set the record straight, I am the sole scottish MoTeC dealer, we do all of our own customers mapping on run of the mill cars, anything fancny I get my freind Dave Rowe up to do them, we will wire the car and install the ecu ect and do a basic map then get dave up to do the final tweeks, so in short you are getting the best mapper in the uk if not the world to do your map. MoTeC give us support at the big events and it is a kind of sponser ship deal we have, as I said dave is my good freind and is happy to do our car, he is 100% the mapper of our car ( NOT THOR AS THEY KEEP TELLING PEOPLE ) and as I am sure every will agree he has done a fine job. Our car was mapped on the road not the dyno, we tried to use a dyno but it simply smoked the tyres or out ran the dyno, if we do your car it will not leave us untill we are 100% happy with it. The MoTeC ecu is by far the best on the market and as they say you get what you pay for, I hope this helps you guys make any future descisions and we are allways happy to answer any questions. Dee Ireland

Hi here are the prices of what is required and prices for fitting and mapping, the M600 ecu £1645

air temp sensor £19

3 bar map sensor £71

adapter loom £300

fitting and mapping £400 per day should take 1-1.5 days,

All prices are plus VAT.

fitting and mapping can either be less or more depending on the car. Hope this helps, there are all sorts of other options as well, ie advance functions ect.

Hi guys, lets just set the record straight, I am the sole scottish MoTeC dealer, we do all of our own customers mapping on run of the mill cars, anything fancny I get my freind Dave Rowe up to do them, we will wire the car and install the ecu ect and do a basic map then get dave up to do the final tweeks, so in short you are getting the best mapper in the uk if not the world to do your map. MoTeC give us support at the big events and it is a kind of sponser ship deal we have, as I said dave is my good freind and is happy to do our car, he is 100% the mapper of our car ( NOT THOR AS THEY KEEP TELLING PEOPLE ) and as I am sure every will agree he has done a fine job. Our car was mapped on the road not the dyno, we tried to use a dyno but it simply smoked the tyres or out ran the dyno, if we do your car it will not leave us untill we are 100% happy with it. The MoTeC ecu is by far the best on the market and as they say you get what you pay for, I hope this helps you guys make any future descisions and we are allways happy to answer any questions. Dee Ireland

I'm a little pissed off you suggest we have laid any claim to mapping you car. We have told people it has been on our facility by way of Motec and it made various HP and defended the figures against people who said it was claimed at being higher by reminding them it was only running one stage of NOS as it would MAX our dyno out.

Why I fucking bother is a mystery to me after reading what you really think of us.

Nod.