The mkiv Supra Owners Club

converting a n/a to twin turbo

Darragh

just testing the water, was thinking of buying a supra twin turbo but most of them are very dear (im just skint lol )

was thinking if i was to get a cheap n/a supra and then a few months down the line transplant a twin turbo heart into her how easy would it be? would it just be the same as doing a normal car or is there any more complecations?

im also intending on keeping the car so ill not be selling for a lonnnnnnnnggggg time lol

any advice is greatefully apreciated:respekt:

ENVY do a NA-T Kit for around 4k but you still need a mechanic to fit it all and thats gon'a cost shit loads.

Most say giveup and buy a TT.

I'm also looking into NA-T kits or supercharger installs.

i finally found one of dangerousbrains attemp:cry: sounds a hell of alot harder than doing a normal car unless the tt equipment was in good condition instead of being damaged, the chances are i probly will just buy a tt but am just having a crazy brain wave at the min lol:rtfm: :p

thats offially nice of u to great this thread with ur pressence maybe if u hadive read wat i wrote in my second reply u wouldnt have needed to put in such a useful peace of information:limp:

I'm not sure what you're trying to convey with this funny spelling, but it's all in good spirits.

Relax, it's only the internet:cool:

:yeahthat: (did i really just agree with Sabrina?! :eek: )

TT's are pretty cheap these days, AttilaUKs just put his UKTT up for sale for £6.5k which is a crazy price. Would cost a lot more to buy an NA and put the TT lump in. Lad on here has just done that - see Adi2009 http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=36858

It looks like our relationship has just reached a new level. :clap:

Search up some more of my posts. You'll find the part where I did a full investigation of supercharging an NA supe. To bring it to conclusion if money is the object then forget it as developing a kit with the design of supercharger mounting brackets getting them manufactured etc etc. Then there is the costs involved of buying a supercharger a compatable cooler as well. Basically I came up with a £4k a kit cost if I managed to sell 10 or more kits and I'd have to have put all the money in myself upfront otherwise as a one off it was pricing up in the region of £7k just to get the 320BHP that you get from a stock TT. Then you have to pay insurance for a car with 50% more power than stock (which when you consider that N/A insurance and TT insurance is pretty much of a muchness is a cheek)

I'm not sure what you're trying to convey with this funny spelling, but it's all in good spirits.

Relax, it's only the internet:cool:

truthfully i dont no were i found so many big words :p dont worry its all good and u are rite about the search function:respekt:

ive heard about the insurance thing about a n/a or a tt, ive also noticed there is a twin turbo red one on the auto trader site for 4000 or 4500 :eek: :eek: if i had the celica sold i would have been away to buy it hehe, it was just an idea that sprung into mind about doing a conversion but ur all rite i added up the parts, labour and so on and i would be best just buying a tt straight away, its just annoying that i have to wait a wee bit longer:unfair: