The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FAO Mawby - revision of the 'Basic FAQ' forum

Aerotop Dave

(I assume it's mawby, could be Ian C thinking about it)

Please find attached the complete contents of this forum in one downloadable attachment. Instead of having the 'Buying a Supra' guide split across four seperate threads (which was necessary due to the character limit on postings and was... well... a bit crap looking) I've compiled it into one single document. I've added in info on the Tiptronic gearbox (thanks to the Tiptronic owners who gave me their input on this) and taken the opportunity to revise, update and generally tidy it all up so it flows a bit better and makes a bit more sense.

All the other threads in that forum have also been added into the document except the abbreviations thread, so you could clear everything out of there if you want to (unfortunately the abbreviations thread needs tidying as well just to add to your list of things to do :( ).

Exact changes are...

Added logo and contents list

Added Supra Overview bit

Revised Model Differences section

Revised Facelift Supras section

Minor additions to 'Singles' section

Added info on Tiptronic gearbox

Revised 'Choosing your Supra' section

Added 'Known Problems' section

Taken all the other threads in the Basic FAQ forum and added these as a 'FAQ' section including decat procedure

Added RLTC info

Corrected typos, grammar and removed unnecessary elements of my 'humour'

Renamed files to include site name for a bit of free promotion :)

Guide to the Supra - www.mkivsupra.net.doc

Supra Model Differences - www.mkivsupra.net.xls

Dave,

The RZ-S Facelift was introduced, 1996.8 I feel not making this apparrent could confuse people looking at non VVTi facelifts.

But that's all I've noticed. Top Job :D

What are you referring to there matey, the Excel chart? I put the facelifts as starting in 1998 as that's when the full cosmetic+mechanical stuff was all in place. In the .doc file I've put about cars having the cosmetic stuff but not the VVTi stuff around early 1997 and very late 1996, but mentioned that I've put them on the Excel chart as 1998 as that's when the 'full' facelift (cosmetic+ mechanical) was being produced.

So the Excel chart on it's own may be confusing, but the .doc file should explain all, and the two are designed to be used together.

But to check my understanding, is that what you were referring to?

Yeah - I would look at the xls and then look at Ian C's car and get very confused, his is a Facelift RZ-S 1996.

I understand what you are trying to do - though my own interpretation of what Toyota did was to do 2 revisions, Cosmetic then lots of mechanical and electronic changes. I don't feel it was 1 upgrade as the period of change was too long.

It's just my 2p...it's a great docco, but I just don't want any unecessary confusion.

• 3 months later...